What if Conor was the one fighting "zombie" Brian Ortega that night?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
Would Conor have gassed and lost? I could already see Conor dominating, Ortega coming forward, Conor gassing.

Conor post Diaz wins it. Pre-Diaz he gasses.

Anyone who fights Conor from now on is going smother him, avoid his left, wait for him gas after 5-10, then try to knock him out when he's defenseless.

He's too predictable.

Easy to gameplan.

Conor hits harder than max.

Max has that put you in a coma volume but not crazy power.

Conor either kos ortega or runs away for 3 rnds to a UD.

Anyone who fights Conor from now on is going smother him, avoid his left, wait for him gas after 5-10, then try to knock him out when he's defenseless.

He's too predictable.

I think ur forgetting the many weapons the king has in his palace.

I think ur forgetting the many weapons the king has in his palace.
No amount of money can buy him power when his arms start to tire out.

He's never had a finish past the second round for a reason. He's built like a 70's muscle car with no gastank and a little tinman heart.

Ortega wouldnt last that long. Max doesnt hit hard like Conor. I think Conor finishes him within 2.

More like pre 5 round Conor.

His cardio was just enough to get him through 3 rounders without embarrasment. It's a joke in a 5 round fight and now everyone knows it.

He's only had one 5 round fight. Which he won. He gassed vs. Diaz I, and lost to Khabib. Ortega isn't Khabib, he isn't going to get taken down and grinded out for 10 minutes before being able to put out any offence. As long as he doesn't head hunt like he did in the first Diaz fight I'd favour Conor.

Oretga takes Conor down and rips his head clean off

As all of sherdog knows conor was never any good, won by flukes or dives, loses every theoretical match up and probably eats children..

At LW Conor beats Ortega without much trouble.

At FW the 2018, older version of Conor would be very drained. According to Owen Roddy the dude cuts from around 177lbs when in fight shape, a big drop for a 30yo who's wrecked his body so many times to make 145 in the past.

He's too predictable.

Easy to gameplan.
That's what Alvarez was supposed to do. Didn't work out.

Ortega has 3 take downs his entire UFC career. He's pretty reliant on others taking him down or clinching with him.
Yeah I know it just sounded good.

I think Conor picks him apart, just because Diaz took his shots doesn't mean Ortega at 145 can. It's a tough fight for Ortega but working the clinch and trying to get the fight to the floor might be a chance to win as I don't think he can stand with him.

More like pre 5 round Conor.

His cardio was just enough to get him through 3 rounders without embarrasment. It's a joke in a 5 round fight and now everyone knows it.
Conor in his early fights had such a crazy pace he could probably go 6 rounds easily in the Max fight but since his injury he hasn’t had the same energy levels.

Brian probably gets KO'd. He wasn't going to take Conor down. Conor could've punched himself out, but I don't see Ortega TKO'ing him. He's elusive enough for a non striker who doesn't have a takedown threat

Then again who knows, Conor has never defended a title in his life.

Conor would of KO'd him within the 1st rd as he doesn't have pillow for fists unlike Max

Conor is the best at sniping and accuracy. He would have easily dispatched Brian. Max is more of a punches in bunches fighter. I think Conor still beats max to be honest. The only guy who can beat Conor is his kryptonite, Khabib and only because he is so good at wrestling compared to everyone else. Saying that, Conor can beat Khabib and I think if they rematch it will be a better fight, even though Conor did win a few rounds against him I think if Conor makes the proper adjustments he could win.

Last edited:
Back