Media GSP Interview - Returning to the UFC, UFO's, Retirement, Depression - Jim & Sam

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Got posted a couple hours ago for those interested. No cliffs since I didn't have a chance to watch it yet.

He's been doing a lot of interviews lately. He did a french interview while training in Montreal about a week ago. Another Interview with Luke Thomson on Sirius I believe just a day or two ago and then this.

Can we expect a comeback soon?

Before the casuals get in here, GSP is the GOAT, a great guy and would of beaten Woodley in his prime.
Never got caught using PED’s even though ppl hate on him because the way he looked.

Carry on, folks.

Absolute legend, I look forward to him being abducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.

Before the casuals get in here, GSP is the GOAT, a great guy and would of beaten Woodley in his prime.
Never got caught using PED’s even though ppl hate on him because the way he looked.

Carry on, folks.

Lol

Fighters that never used declined naturally like Penn and Fedor.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm praying he fights again soon. I don't care what weight, I just enjoy seeing him compete. I'll be honest I stopped watching MMA years ago and only started following again after he came back. I know there are a lot of great fighters out there now, but I still consider GSP to be the GOAT.

I really only want to see him come back if he really wants to compete though. He talks a lot about how he dislikes fighting, and gets crazy nervous before fights. Completely understandable, but I think going into too many fights with that mentality has to be taxing on the guy. Part of why he went away, I'm sure.

He won't fight Woodley or top WWs because he doesn't believe in himself as a fighter in his skills. He doesn't want to fight the best anymore, he wants low risk high reward deals.

GSP exuding class as usual, it is a rare thing to see such a successful person being so humble and I always loved that about him.

I'm praying he fights again soon. I don't care what weight, I just enjoy seeing him compete. I'll be honest I stopped watching MMA years ago and only started following again after he came back. I know there are a lot of great fighters out there now, but I still consider GSP to be the GOAT.

I really only want to see him come back if he really wants to compete though. He talks a lot about how he dislikes fighting, and gets crazy nervous before fights. Completely understandable, but I think going into too many fights with that mentality has to be taxing on the guy. Part of why he went away, I'm sure.
He hinted at a possible comeback in 2019 in the french interview he did in the other thread. But it's seems to be 50/50 tbh.

Basically what he said is that when he trains with the younger guys in the gym he feels the urge to go back and take another fight but when he wakes up and he's with his family he has accepted the fact that it might be better for him to retire.

He spoke about Khabib and said that before the Conor fight when Khabib was calling him out, nobody really knew who Khabib was. He beat Al Laquinta but hadn't really proven himself against an established opponent like Conor yet.

He also mentionned that he's not the type of guy to call out other people. Basically, what I got from all of that is that he would accept a fight against Khabib but if it doesn't happen he's content with retiring.

Got posted a couple hours ago for those interested. No cliffs since I didn't have a chance to watch it yet.

He's been doing a lot of interviews lately. He did a french interview while training in Montreal about a week ago. Another Interview with Luke Thomson on Sirius I believe just a day or two ago and then this.

Can we expect a comeback soon?

Every fighter has depression now after Fury spoke out about it and nearly died from it, nice marketing ploy.

Can you imagine GSP jumping the cage and getting into a brawl after winning a fight?

Class. The difference between GSP and many fighters.

As much of a fucking blanket as he was, dude is one of the best of all time. Also didn't piss hot like Jon and Andy.

Even people that hate on him, its gotta be hard to resist not liking the goat
Ps.. GSP still mops up a prime Woodley and khabib at 38

Carry on, folks.
<JonesLaugh>

Back