Does anyone else see Kevin Lee as the best LW right now?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The most athletic LW.
One of the longest reach at LW with 77".
One of the best grapplers, if not the best. That russian sambo dont work on american wrestlers.
Amazing cardio when he is not suffering from staph.
One of the best kickers with a monster right roundhouse kick.
A real student of the game. Real intelligent even though he changes character and comes off as a ignorant simpleton in interviews.
Dude ate a Edson Barboza wheel kick to the dome, got wobbled, and still completed the takedown. That's heart and determination.
Only 26 years old.

All he has to do now is prove it. This kid is going to be one of the greats when its all said and done. He needs to be managed properly though. Should never continue on with a fight when you are not 100% in this day and age. If he can avoid that, good luck to all the LW's and future junior welterweights.

I strongly believe Ferg beats him again.

He's an interesting guy in the division to give top level fighters problems

Maybe I'm just not seeing it but while I think he's a good fighter I don't think he'll ever be champion. We will see though. I loved seeing him beat Chiesa.

They need a LW tournament so bad. That would clear all this up. Even have a losers bracket to shore up the top ten.

I’m probably wrong there but I’d watch so fuggit.

Maybe, Kevin is an amazing fighter at such a young age.

I remember everyone here calling him a bum when he lost, well look at those suckers now.

His rate of improvement has been remarkable. I think that's what a lot of people are missing when they evaluate him.

What his ceiling actually is remains to be seen. I'm certainly curious, and I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if he develops into a genuine worldbeater.

Not at all. I think hes peaking and wont get any better honestly.

He's on a one fight win streak and got knocked out by a BJJ guy. Calm down.

He might just be the best fighter in the division. Unfortunately his chin will potentially cost him some fights he should win.

No

His cardio and submission defense isn't the best

Hahahah lol at Kevin Lee being the best in the division when Khabib is better everywhere. Better wrestling, better standup, better cardio, better chin, more power in hands, better standup defense, better bjj, stronger overall and better heart. Lee has absolutely nothing on Khabib. Theres a reason why he has all those losses on his record and Khabib doesn't. Khabib is special, Kevin Lee isn't.

Kevin Lee isn’t going to improve. That was always the flaw of fighters out of Vegas. They all hit a plateau and they give everyone a hell of a fight until their chin gives up. I am trying to remember some outliers but it seems to be the story of fighters from that area

He's really good but chinny too and that will be an issue

Best LW fighting tomm night??? Yes ... In the UFC be serious! LOL

Back