Lets remember HBO boxing..

What I really miss about HBO boxing is listening to Larry Merchant's drunk ass interviewing fighters after the fights and the fighters trying their best to make out what the fuck Larry had just said.

Never forget when him and Floyd got into it. Larry said something like, "if I was 40-50 years younger I'd kick your ass!"

Good times.

<2>

Last edited:
I'll miss it. I always liked Jim as a commentator. Any chance we see him on another network?

Manny Steward was always a good listen too. Damn.

What I really miss about HBO boxing is listening to Larry Merchant's drunk ass interviewing fighters after the fights and the fighters trying their best to make out what the fuck Larry had just said.

Never forget when him and Floyd got into it. Larry said something like, "if I was 40-50 years younger I'd kick your ass!"

Good times.

<2>
Haha fucking best.

Floyd being like if HBO don't get of this bum I'm fighting elsewhere..

HBO woulda been like awwwwww shitttttttt

F

Good times.

<2>
Floyd's rant was scripted lmao. You can see him getting a signal to start ranting just before he does.

I’m going to miss it. It’s a shame their last card was so shitty.

Many memories but they've been bad for boxing over the past decade.

Just watched this. Anything with Gatti always gets me. I will always love him. Very emotional tribute anyway.

Never liked Lampley, George Foreman would get silly sometimes and there was quite a few other criticisms I could make but that's not important IMHO. What was important is/was the fighters and the fights and HBO delivered al lot of great ones.

As a matter of fact once Game of Thrones is done I am done with HBO now that boxing is gone.

Good times.

<2>
One of my favorite Merchant comments was during Lewis-Tyson when George was being critical of Lewis's performance Merchant responded "But he's punching the crap out of him, George!", I loved it.

I rather live in a perfect drug induced world where there's only one boxing channel/streamer, and one world champion belt, and one national belt for every country.

Back