Gregor Gillespie

DRMZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do we have information on what he is up to? Have been supremely impressed by him and haven't seen him for ages.

No idea what is going on with him but I hope he can get a lower top10 guy or guy just outside of the top10 next.

I believe he is the real deal and at 12-0, 31 years old, let's see the guy against some guys around that top10. He looks very ready for it.

McGregor vs. Gregor 2020 lightweight championship

<{JustBleed}>
Neither of them will have the belt by then, looking at how their careers are going..

Conor has a small chance, Gillespie just doesn't seem interested

Im pretty sure I heard somewhere that Gregor cant get a fight. He’s a wrestler with no name so there are few guys who are going to risk that L. The guys who would be confident against him are all booked up, ie Khabin, Tony, Lee, Iaquinta, etc

I’ve watched him throughout his wrestling career and the guy is crazy talented. but his blatant refusal to call anyone out or to promote his image is holding him back from getting big fights, unfortunately.

but his blatant refusal to call anyone out or to promote his image is holding him back from getting big fights, unfortunately.

Absolutely irrelevant.
Matchmaking isn't done according to stupid social media callouts

Im pretty sure I heard somewhere that Gregor cant get a fight. He’s a wrestler with no name so there are few guys who are going to risk that L. The guys who would be confident against him are all booked up, ie Khabin, Tony, Lee, Iaquinta, etc

I wouldn't be confident if I was anyone at LW against Gregor. Not saying I favor him against those top guys, but with his pedigree and how he runs through guys on the mat, i wouldn't be shocked at all if he beat literally anyone at LW.

He's unproven vs top guys obviously so don't read this to say I think he's the champ in waiting. But...I'd pick him for example to grapplefuck most of the top 15. Barboza, Vick, Iaquinta, etc.

And I'd damn sure be interested to see how his grappling matches up with Khabib or Tony.

But yeah he's not 25. He's 31 so the time is now for him to get a top 15 guy and show what he's capable of.

I think he and Hooker will be contenders in a year or so.

Absolutely irrelevant.
Matchmaking isn't done according to stupid social media callouts
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...nt-be-defined-social-media-followers-mma-news

Jimmie Rivera said:
“I think I’ve done enough to warrant a title shot a long time ago,” Assuncao said. “There are some factors that shouldn’t be pivotal for them not to give me a title shot. A certain number of followers is an example. I don’t think that should define who deserves it, who will be the next challenger. I’m no Tiririca (a famous Brazilian comedian), let’s put it that way. I don’t have a ‘X’ number of followers, so I can’t warrant a title shot. That’s not cool. But it’s what the boss said, so let’s move on.”

If you don't think that social media callouts (and social media presence in general) have anything to do with the kind of matchup fighter X can get, you must not have been following the sport lately.

What's the connection between amount of followers and callouts that turn to be successful matches?
You said there is absolutely no correlation between social media callouts and matchmaking..
Have you heard of Colby Covington?

Nobody said anything about successful matches.

You said there is absolutely no correlation between social media callouts and matchmaking..
Have you heard of Colby Covington?

Nobody said anything about successful matches.

Yeah, by successful matches I meant confirmed matches
So what about Covington?

Yeah, by successful matches I meant confirmed matches
So what about Covington?

You think he would have gotten the same rise through the rankings with that boring style if he wasn't on social media?

You think he would have gotten the same rise through the rankings with that boring style if he wasn't on social media?

Probably not, but that's not what is discussed.
He did not got his callouts granted immediately.

Back