The hell is going on in the Welterweight division?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
- Colby was supposed to fight Woodley, then that fight got scrapped.
- Woodley fights Till
- Woodley is supposed to fight Colby again, then that fight got scrapped.
- Now Usman fights Woodley?

WTF is this nonsense?
Is Woodley vs Colby turning into Ferguson vs Khabib?

To break the curse, they'd have to make Khabib vs Woodley and Colby vs Fergusson.

Usman vs Woodley

<{clintugh}>

It's like a prescription for insomnia..

It's either Usman trying to outwrestle Tyron (and failing) in a boring fight, or Woodley getting the KO early

Depending on how strong Usman is in the clinch...Tyron could be gassed by wall&stall/dirty boxing combo.

Tyron is notorious for backing up against the wall when pressured. Problem is many guys stop pressuring and stay right in range of his power instead of going full bore into him. The guys who have pushed him to the wall and kept the pressure on are the ones that beat him/KO'd him.

Colby haters will tell that it's Colby ducking Woodley.

I don't even understand what the fuck Dana is doing.

The only fight that has a possibility of selling is with Covington against Woodley. How did Usman enter the equation?

I know that they've used contenders to pressure fights before (i.e. Khabib with Alvarez/McGregor), but I don't understand how that's supposed to work with Usman.

Dana is shot as a promoter. He's more concerned with punishing the fighters who stand up to him than actually hyping good match ups.

Dana hates his champ. Fights more than any other champion. Wins. finishes when possible.

Not white.

How did Usman enter the equation?

Usman entered the equation when either Woodley or Covington (not sure which) wanted more money than the pink goof wanted to pay. Enter Usman as a bargaining tool, nothing more.

Woodley ducking as usual
Colby haters will tell that it's Colby ducking Woodley.
Yeah while Tyquill is faking injuries in order to duck the true champ Colby Covington

Depending on how strong Usman is in the clinch...Tyron could be gassed by wall&stall/dirty boxing combo.

Tyron is notorious for backing up against the wall when pressured. Problem is many guys stop pressuring and stay right in range of his power instead of going full bore into him. The guys who have pushed him to the wall and kept the pressure on are the ones that beat him/KO'd him.
I know, but I see Usman being scared of Tyron's power. You have a good point, Woodley may gas after defending many takedowns.

I know, but I see Usman being scared of Tyron's power. You have a good point, Woodley may gas after defending many takedowns.

There are too many variables and unknowns from Usman to make a proper prediction honestly.

I guess this is just one of those "wait and see" fights.

Colby complained about the fight not being in Vegas. This was after he pulled out the first time to get a nose job. Its pretty clear at this point he wants no part of Woodley.

Colby was offered the fight but he wanted to put it off as he wasn't ready, that pissed Dana off so Till got the fight.
It seems that Colby thinks he's got some leverage here but he doesn't. If you're offered the fight, you take it
Dana: "There's no guarantees in life."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back