Spotlight | Alexa Grasso

She doesn't have what it takes. And that's alright. She's purdy.

I had high hopes for her because she seemed to have good power in those little hands and she was lighting chicks up in smaller orgs. Then she got in the UFC and suddenly she won't let her hands go and fights in a boring style. She's cute though.

She has what it takes to get this D

giphy.gif

I was very high on her in Invicta but there's no doubt she's looked pretty mediocre in the UFC. Part of it seems to be the competition. Not the skill but the fact the fighters are stronger physically than her. Part is also she's hesitant to throw. The former may affect the latter as she's afraid of being taken down.

I remember how everyone was hyping her up because of her cute face and win streak. She's decent everywhere but not great anywhere and she has no power. She's Randa Markos level.

Unless she takes risks, she will not reap the rewards.

I was very high on her in Invicta but there's no doubt she's looked pretty mediocre in the UFC. Part of it seems to be the competition. Not the skill but the fact the fighters are stronger physically than her. Part is also she's hesitant to throw. The former may affect the latter as she's afraid of being taken down.

I know some people were going a little crazy with the hype after Grasso beat the hell out of Jodie Esquibel, who is (a) undersize and (b) a can,

But I don't think Felice Herrig, Heather Clarke, or even Randa Markos are significantly better than Mizuki Inoue, who Grasso put on a much better performance against and clearly beat, so I do think she's been underperforming in the UFC and it's not just the competition.

Her upcoming fight vs Marina Rodriguez (an aggressive striker who is good in the clinch but middling-to-poor at range) looks like a perfect opportunity to show if she's still got what it takes with dem hands.

As was said a couple of times in the video: when she lets her hands go she has success. Unfortunately, she seems over-cautious in the UFC and is getting mediocre results here: 2-2. She trains at a gym run by her relatives (Lobo MMA), so maybe she needs to cut the strings and train elsewhere.

Will never personally forgive her for the Herrig fight

Back