Media Who had the best performance against Demian Maia? (GIF HEAVY)

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
Tyron Woodley
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

HR8EWS5.png

Colby Covington

Untitled-1-415.jpg

Kamaru Usman
HorribleCompassionateIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif

OldFavorableHornet-size_restricted.gif

IndelibleGreedyDingo-size_restricted.gif

InfantilePowerfulGallinule-max-1mb.gif

608_Tyron_Woodley_vs_Demian_Maia.0.jpg

Colby got outboxed by Maia, soooooooooo

Snoozeman is a dollar store version of Tyron Woodley

Covington came closest to putting Maia away, but he also gout outstruck by Maia in round one, which is.... interesting.

Also, Maia took woodley and Usman on relative short notice.

Anderson Silva, playbois!

<21>

Personally, I'd say Tyron. He literally laid out the blueprint on how to beat Demian Maia.

Woodley beat him when he was on a 7 win streak. I feel like his time is over so beating him now doesn't count as nearly as much, so for that reason I say Woodley.

Last edited:
Jake Shields. He beat him at his own game.

Jake Shields. He beat him at his own game.

I only watched it once but if i recall correctly ...
I think Jake won by some sweeps and .... thats it.

Maia actively got takedowns and went for subs.
When he went for subs, or improving positions is when Jake got a few sweeps and then did nothing with them except hold position. Afraid to create space. Afraid to advance positions. Afraid to go for subs. He won on BS.

Maia should have gotten the win imo.

I only watched it once but if i recall correctly ...
I think Jake won by some sweeps and .... thats it.

Maia actively got takedowns and went for subs.
When he went for subs, or improving positions is when Jake got a few sweeps and then did nothing with them except hold position. Afraid to create space. Afraid to advance positions. Afraid to go for subs. He won on BS.

Maia should have gotten the win imo.

It was close for sure. But the fact that he arguably outgrappled Maia is impressive.

I think Woodley got the best Maia and everything Maia does from her on out is going to be a Maia that is unmotivated and with a lot less drive because he knows he missed his last chance at the title. However that fight was pretty garbage though and Woodley fought passively against a guy that he was clearly outclassing.

I didn't see the Usman fight I don't think. Colby fought more agressively than T.Wood and did a lot more damage in three rounds. I guess I would go with Colby

Woodley was flawless against Maia, and he was fighting compromised - but he was hte only one who you got the sense could have finished Maia which is why everyone was pissed. But then we learned he was hurt.

Colby/Maia was much closer than people realize - Maia won the first half of the fight handidly until he gassed and then Colby beat his ass, but no he wasn’t ever close to finishing. It was just bloodier.
In a fourth round he would have finished though

Usman turned in a B-level version of what Woodley did to Maia - but Maia actually had some success in brief grappling exchanges, nearly took Usman’s back but Usman shut him down.

In order
Woodley
Colby
Usman

Colby had the most competitive fight, so it’s almost by virtue of him being the worst fighter of the three that his performance was impressive because he had to dig deep to get it and iirc he even took Maia down

Colby of course . Both Snoozeman and Woodley had boring performances against Maia while The King of Chaos beat the shit out of him
Colby got outboxed by Maia, soooooooooo
Outboxed ? Put down the pipe its better for your mental health my friend.

Colby of course . Both Snoozeman and Woodley had boring performances against Maia while The King of Chaos beat the shit out of him

Outboxed ? Put down the pipe its better for your mental health my friend.
Colby looked like a guy that had his first sparring session in boxing against Maia. When Maia gassed it was a different story. He looked like a complete noob before that.

Personally, I'd say Tyron. He literally laid out the blueprint on how to beat Demian Maia.
Force him to a quick turnaround while he was already in camp, grab the fence and have Herb be the ref who doesn't want to 'influence' the action?
giphy.gif

Sorry, I'm still salty <{1-11}>

Back