How long could MMA fighters fight into their 40s or 50s under no PED or drug testing?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If there were absolutely no PED or drug testing and guys could take all the TRT, HGH, etc. that they wanted, how long would guys be able to last? Would we be able to see guys fight into their late 40s? Even 50s?

I think in the early 2000s that the sport was too young and evolving too fast for the lack of drug testing to really allow us to make an answer on this question. A prime UFC 1 fighter wouldn't be competitive in 2005 Japan -- so of course a 40+ year old UFC 1 fighter wouldn't be either. However, I think that many guys from 2005 could be competitive in 2018 under those conditions.

Yoel might fight into his 60s. By then he'll have completed his transformation into solid metal.

Last edited:
Randy couture is probably a good example
Sure, they didn't have USADA. But still, none of those guys fought in an era of no drug testing. I'm talking absolutely no drug testing. Let guys take whatever they want. How long could they last?

If there were absolutely no PED or drug testing and guys could take all the TRT, HGH, etc. that they wanted, how long would guys be able to last? Would we be able to see guys fight into their late 40s? Even 50s?

I think in the early 2000s that the sport was too young and evolving too fast for the lack of drug testing to really allow us to make an answer on this question. A prime UFC 1 fighter wouldn't be competitive in 2005 Japan -- so of course a 40+ year old UFC 1 fighter wouldn't be either. However, I think that many guys from 2005 could be competitive in 2018 under those conditions.
tumblr_orrwsfe2gf1tq3reno1_500.gif

The average person couldn't fight past 30 without steroids. Some people don't need them at all. Everyone is different.

So many variables...

What age did they start?
What kind of damage have they taken?
What kind of shape is this person in year around?

My point: hard to say

For example im 41. I trained mma and fought amateur a bunch.

Im faster now at 41 than i was at 25. However i also weighed 40 lbs more back then.

I could kick my own ass hands down right now in the shape im in never mind a camp.

Still my point: hard to say

Until they all get CTE for taking punches to the head for 30 years.

Im faster now at 41 than i was at 25. However i also weighed 40 lbs more back then.
That may be but it's undeniable your athletic ceiling was much higher at 25. Biologically speaking...

The average person couldn't fight past 30 without steroids. Some people don't need them at all. Everyone is different.
agree
Average person with hard training is still below a natural fighter with barely any training.
It's not a movie, where everybody can be a fighter. Your body must be able to take a lot of damage. And average, unathletic guys aren't made for it.

They all be dead with 40. Roids arent healthy my little friend.
They have something called side effect which cause cancer, organ fail, etc.

Some cant even sleep on their back before death thanks to skin irritations and acne:
Dennis-Wolf-back-acne.jpg

They all be dead with 40. Roids arent healthy my little friend.
They have something called side effect which cause cancer, organ fail, etc.

Some cant even sleep on their back before death thanks to skin irritations and acne:
Dennis-Wolf-back-acne.jpg
<JagsKiddingMe>

That may be but it's undeniable your athletic ceiling was much higher at 25. Biologically speaking...
Tbh i dont think so. I had a real challenge lossing body fat at a younger age. Now i can shred and have much more cardio. I dont believe peak is the same for all

Until they're about three fiddy

Average person with hard training is still below a natural fighter with barely any training.

Lol.

If a dude with very average natural athleticism who doesn't like to hurt people can get all the way to title fights in two different weight divisions that suggests you need to rethink your stance buddeh.

usa_today_9544123.0.jpg

Lol.

If a dude with very average natural athleticism who doesn't like to hurt people can get all the way to title fights in two different weight divisions that suggests you need to rethink your stance buddeh.

usa_today_9544123.0.jpg
Maia is no average dude
Damien is talented in BJJ, you think any black belt can do what he does?

Back