Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night 144 Assuncao vs. Moraes II (ESPN+ 2)

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
ESPN+ Main Card:

Rafael Assuncao vs. Marlon Moraes II
Jose Aldo vs. Renato Moicano
Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good
Alexa Grasso vs. Marina Rodriguez
Vicente Luque vs. Bryan Barberena
Johnny Walker vs. Justin Ledet

ESPN Prelims:

Thiago Alves vs. Max Griffin
Markus Perez vs. Anthony Hernandez
Ricardo Ramos vs. Said Nurmagomedov
Livia Renata Souza vs. Sarah Frota

Fight Pass Prelims:

Junior Albini vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy
Magomed Bibulatov vs. Rogerio Bontorin
Taila Santos vs. Mara Romero Borella

Please keep in mind that the bout order for this event has not yet been confirmed and the one above is purely my prediction. With that being said, what do you guys think of this card? Awesome event imo for a Brazil Fight Night. The Main Card is stacked and the prelims have some underrated matchups as well. I'm looking forward to seeing Vicente Luque, Johnny Walker and the Main and Co-Main the most. I know a lot of you guys don't like WMMA either but Livia Souza, Sarah Frota, and Taila Santos are three killers you should watch.

If I had to rate this card (keeping scaling in mind) I rate this card an 8/10. What do you guys think?

8/10 as well That's a sick card. It got stacked equivalent to a Fox card. No one said this, but I was under the impression that big ESPN cards would be the equivalent of big Fox cards, and ESPN+ cards would be the equivalent of Fight Pass cards.

That whole main card is intriguing. The WMMA isn't that great(on the main card), but I love me some Alexa Grasso so I'll watch. Diaper boy is back, Khabib's cousin, and Thiago Alves. Should be fun.

7, pushing an 8. Lot of exciting fights and some upcoming prospects

7/10
Aldo vs Moicano should be the main event.

tenor.gif

j/k it's a 7 from me Cotton.

ESPN+ Main Card:

Rafael Assuncao vs. Marlon Moraes II 9
Jose Aldo vs. Renato Moicano 9
Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good 6
Alexa Grasso vs. Marina Rodriguez 6
Vicente Luque vs. Bryan Barberena 7
Johnny Walker vs. Justin Ledet 7

ESPN Prelims:

Thiago Alves vs. Max Griffin 5
Markus Perez vs. Anthony Hernandez 3
Ricardo Ramos vs. Said Nurmagomedov 8
Livia Renata Souza vs. Sarah Frota 7

Fight Pass Prelims:

Junior Albini vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy 4
Magomed Bibulatov vs. Rogerio Bontorin 6
Taila Santos vs. Mara Romero Borella 3
Honestly an incredible card. My rating for each fight on a scale out of 10, with 1 being a pointless trash fight, and 10 being incredible.

Can't wait for Ledet to sleep Johnny Walker. That hype train is going to crash and burn.

7/10
Aldo vs Moicano should be the main event.
I don't think the UFC intended for it to be that way. Aldo/Moicano was originally supposed to take place at UFC 233. When the event got cancelled, it only made sense to put the fight in Brazil, but the card already had a Main Event.

Could've been better, could've been worse.

6.something/10

Dang

when will they stop lobbing Luque these softballs?

This is my one complaint. The guy has undoubtedly earned a top 15 fight. He's all excitement.
reminds me of the Zaleski dos Santos situation

I get building guys up nice and slowly, but jeez

ESPN+ Main Card:

Rafael Assuncao vs. Marlon Moraes II
Jose Aldo vs. Renato Moicano
Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good
Alexa Grasso vs. Marina Rodriguez
Vicente Luque vs. Bryan Barberena
Johnny Walker vs. Justin Ledet

ESPN Prelims:

Thiago Alves vs. Max Griffin
Markus Perez vs. Anthony Hernandez
Ricardo Ramos vs. Said Nurmagomedov
Livia Renata Souza vs. Sarah Frota

Fight Pass Prelims:

Junior Albini vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy
Magomed Bibulatov vs. Rogerio Bontorin
Taila Santos vs. Mara Romero Borella

Please keep in mind that the bout order for this event has not yet been confirmed and the one above is purely my prediction. With that being said, what do you guys think of this card? Awesome event imo for a Brazil Fight Night. The Main Card is stacked and the prelims have some underrated matchups as well. I'm looking forward to seeing Vicente Luque, Johnny Walker and the Main and Co-Main the most. I know a lot of you guys don't like WMMA either but Livia Souza, Sarah Frota, and Taila Santos are three killers you should watch.

If I had to rate this card (keeping scaling in mind) I rate this card an 8/10. What do you guys think?

I like Ramos too. I think he can be a contender.

They've both earned top 10 fights at this point let alone top 15
WW is too stacked. Much like 155 lbs, each division has many guys on 4/5/6 fight winning streaks and still aren't ranked.

The main reason why 165/175 in place of 170 is more necessary than most fans want to believe.

When you Google Sarah Frota, the first auto-complete is Sarah Frota Man

10/10 for the LHW GOAT Johnny Walker

Back