Has anyone fallen out of the ring more times than Kerry Schall?

45ACP

I'll Be Back Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was looking up fight records and somehow ended up on the wiki page of a guy named Kerry "Meat Truck" Schall, who some of you might remember as a competitor on season 2 of TUF and whose lone UFC appearance consisted of getting his legs kicked off by Keith Jardine.

x1080-5Rf.jpg

He's also known for losing to Ben Rothwell twice in a row pre-UFC, and actually had the honor of getting armbarred by Fedor all the way back in 2001 in Rings.

But the thing that caught my attention was the fact that this dude has had not one, but two of his fights end due to falling out of the ring.

In the first one he almost KO's Rothwell with a series of uppercuts, only for Rothwell to respond by panic wrestling them both between the ropes and right out of the ring, where Kerry lost the fight due to a neck injury caused from the fall. Here'a video if anyone is interested:

Then about 4 years later, he falls out of the ring AGAIN (this time the fight is declared a no-contest) while fighting some guy named Mario Rinaldi. (I couldn't find a video of that one)

upload_2018-12-13_15-7-49.png

Not much to discuss here, I just thought it was funny that this poor lug fell out of the ring twice, once in a fight against a current top 10 UFC HW that he probably would have won if not for the accident. So everyone can just post stupid memes or argue about Conor or something I guess.

Just kidding, please do not argue about Conor in my Kerry Schall appreciation thread

"The Meat Truck" might be the best fighter nickname of all time. Also meat truck looked like Mankind after getting tossed off the cage by the Undertaker laying on the ground after he fell out of the ring. LOL

Always got him confused with Mike Bourke- another big uncoordinated oaf

Mike was the only person I know of in mma to submit to a double armbar

Diet Butcher style

A ring in MMA without a pack of Asians to keep them in the ring while wrestling = neck injuries.

I can't relate to these rebels hipsters who think a ring is best for this sport.

LOL I figured this would turn up in this thread.

Hackney should've used more nut shots in this fight imo. Probably wouldn't have messed his hand up as bad.

A ring in MMA without a pack of Asians to keep them in the ring while wrestling = neck injuries.

I can't relate to these rebels hipsters who think a ring is best for this sport.

It that what you call a group of asians? A pack?

I thought it would've been something more original like a gaggle or a monosodiumglutamate.

Love the nickname. He left UFC with a knee injury. Jens Pulver in the corner in this fight. The days before WME, aka the good old days.

Back