If Diego Sanchez did not injure Rashad Evans’ knee he would have smashed Shogun

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
If Diego Sanchez had not injured Rashad’s knee I believe he would have ran through the Mauricio Rua that showed up at UFC 128.

Rashad was still in his prime and had not lost his explosiveness, his level changes and double leg takedown were among the best in mma maybe only second to GSP at the time. And Rashad’s ground and pound was very top notch. In the clinch Rashad had underrated strength.

And on the feet Rashad used his hands nicely to set up his wrestling, his hand speed was on point and his footwork and movement was on point as well, his ability to cover distance was outstanding.

hB7GwXu.gif

RR1.gif

tumblr_mq64qikLTL1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

2.gif

1dafc085a0c427c80a32261505ab3ee3.gif

If Rashad had fought Shogun at UFC 128 he would have been a two time UFC champion.

rashad_20evans_20belt.jpg

I was with you until the fourth .gif, TS.

Good job on exposing your true agenda for all of us to see.

I still kinda agree though. But remove the last two gifs.

I was with you until the fourth .gif, TS.

Good job on exposing your true agenda for all of us to see.

I still kinda agree though. But remove the gif.

Saint Tito stepped up on like 3 weeks notice because Machida wanted Anderson Silva money
Funny-Anderson-Silva-Money-GIF.gif

and Phil Davis got injured.

He still almost had that guillotine, absolute legend. If C6-C7 were on point he would have finished that triangle on Machida and stopped Forrest Griffin at UFC 92 too.

Saint Tito stepped up on like 3 weeks notice because Machida wanted Anderson Silva money
Funny-Anderson-Silva-Money-GIF.gif

and Phil Davis got injured.

He still almost had that guillotine, absolute legend. If C6-C7 were on point he would have finished that triangle on Machida and stopped Forrest Griffin at UFC 92 too.

Looks like I might have been wrong regarding your agenda here, bud.

Apologies. You are right, of course.

But what if Shogun has never injured his knees?

I think Shogun would have TKOed Rashad either standing or after sweeping him on the ground. His chin isn't the best and while he had very good takedowns his top control wasn't very good. Watch Prime Rashad fight Thiago Silva, he gets a bunch of takedowns but doesn't really do anything with them and gets outstruck most of the fight back then takedowns counted for a lot more but I made my pick based on the fight being 5 rounds. Rashad would tire and get clipped at some point and finished.

Unlike that known troll @Threetrees my agenda is not hidden, bud.

Yea you never know with these known trolls nowadays. That's why I wasn't sure what your agenda was at first but just know that I know now.

If Rashad had fought Shogun at UFC 128 he would have been a two time UFC champion.

Probably. Styles make fights and Rashad could most likely LnP Shogun. He wouldn't have given him the prison yard beating that Jones gave him, though.

Since we're playing hypotheticals, if Machida starting getting title shots earlier, he would've beaten Forrest or the 37-year old Liddell whom Rampage beat...so he could've been a 2-time champ (or a champ with multiple title defenses) as well.

I can honestly say that I think Rashad would have beaten Shogun if he fought him on the night Jones fought him

Shogun had another leg injury, and Rashad had a very underrated top game at that time - a skill he had struggled with early in his career, that he finally started mastering

I think the Rashad that fought Phil Davis and Jon Jones was the best I’ve ever seen Rashad look physically and in terms of aggression even though Jones sonned him
From 2011-2013 ish, lets say right when he murdered Tito

and after that two year layoff he was never the same

<mma4>

Not as brootal as the Jones massacre but would have been pretty one sided in Shad's favour imo

Rampage would have most likely KO'd Shad in the rematch for Shad's first title defense BTW
<DirkMavs>

Probably. Styles make fights and Rashad could most likely LnP Shogun. He wouldn't have given him the prison yard beating that Jones gave him, though.

On the other hand, if Machida starting getting title shots earlier, he would've beaten Forrest or the 37-year old Liddell whom Rampage beat...so he could've been a 2-time champ (or a champ with multiple title defenses) as well. It's all hypothetical anyway.
I’m not convinced. Styles do make fights and no one was really successful at lay and pray tactics on Shogun. His guard was excellent, as was his half guard and he was great at escaping

I think Shogun would have TKOed Rashad either standing or after sweeping him on the ground. His chin isn't the best and while he had very good takedowns his top control wasn't very good. Watch Prime Rashad fight Thiago Silva, he gets a bunch of takedowns but doesn't really do anything with them and gets outstruck most of the fight back then takedowns counted for a lot more but I made my pick based on the fight being 5 rounds. Rashad would tire and get clipped at some point and finished.

Very fair assessment, I think the Shogun that fought Machida was the best he ever looked, his cardio was on point as well. But I’m factoring specifically the Shogun that showed up against Jon, granted he was rocked out of the gate with that jumping knee, he just was noticeably slower.

I think Rashad would have had his way with him on that night.

Back