Lee is going to beat Al worse than he did Barboza

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm actually questioning whether I want to watch this fight come saturday. The beating Lee is going to put on Al is going to make Holloway vs Ortega look like light sparring.

Lee will be fighting for the belt soon, khabib is a poor mans Kevin Lee. I dont understand how people don't see that Lee is the next champ.

Al is just a minor speed bump for Lee. Too bad because Al doesnt deserve whats coming.

I'm actually questioning whether I want to watch this fight come saturday. The beating Lee is going to put on Al is going to make Holloway vs Ortega look like light sparring.

Lee will be fighting for the belt soon, khabib is a poor mans Kevin Lee. I dont understand how people don't see that Lee is the next champ.

Al is just a minor speed bump for Lee. Too bad because Al doesnt deserve whats coming.

Bet slip or gtfo

Yea lee seemed to have improved way more then Al he was able to mount Fergeson and give him a competitive matchup with staph, pretty impressive and I got Lee in this one.

I think you're going to be in for a surprise. Al matches up very well with Lee, he has really good defensive wrestling, he has better cardio, striking, striking power and he's got a much better chin. Lee can certainly win it with takedowns and his grappling but he could also be stuck in a stand up fight with a guy who has better striking than him and doesn't need a lot of space unlike Barboza.

If I bet on MMA(I don't because of bad judges) I would be betting on Al since I think it's close to a 50/50 fight and Al is a big underdog.

What about his UFC run makes you so confident in him?

It's possible. Lee has improved quite a bit since their first contest. His stand-up is certainly much better. He looked stiff and unable to put his shots together in the first fight.

That said, Iaquinta may still be a little more well rounded, and he likely still carries a slight power edge in his hands.

But if Lee is able to set up his wrestling better with his striking, he definitely can win this. His wrestling and physical strength are formidable at LW.

Doubtful, Al is one of those gritty dudes who just wins where he shouldn't.

Domination of Barboza, Trinaldo, Chiesa, and now Al.

Barboza, Trinaldo and Chiesa fight nothing like Al and the last time they fought Lee got rocked a bunch and clearly lost 2/3 rounds. Before you say well Lee was green, so was Al. Lee had 7 fights and Al had 10 so they were both green.

Barboza, Trinaldo and Chiesa fight nothing like Al and the last time they fought Lee got rocked a bunch and clearly lost 2/3 rounds. Before you say well Lee was green, so was Al. Lee had 7 fights and Al had 10 so they were both green.
Hey man I am not trying to anger you. Its just simple facts. Theres no possible way Lee loses this weekend.

Hey man I am not trying to anger you. Its just simple facts. Theres no possible way Lee loses this weekend.

I'm not angry, I just don't see why you think Lee vs Al isn't a close fight that either guy can win based on how they match up.

Al has a lot of tools that he can use to negate what Lee does.

I'm not angry, I just don't see where you think Lee vs Al isn't a close fight that either guy can win based on how they match up.
I think Lee has improved more than Al, by a large margin. I think Lee is going to outstrike Al and TKO him within 3 rounds this time. Too fast and better fight IQ than Al. Looking forward to it but don't want to see Al get too hurt.

I think Lee has improved more than Al, by a large margin. I think Lee is going to outstrike Al and TKO him within 3 rounds this time. Too fast and better fight IQ than Al. Looking forward to it but don't want to see Al get too hurt.

It's hard to say a known is better than an unknown with any kind of certainty. Al has been training too and he did well against Khabib considering he was scheduled for a 3 round fight against a striker. Al seems like the type of guy that can take off a long time and it not be a detriment. I think Lee out striking Al to a TKO is the least likely way Lee wins. There's a big difference between Barboza's skill set and Al's.

I'm not angry, I just don't see why you think Lee vs Al isn't a close fight that either guy can win based on how they match up.

Al has a lot of tools that he can use to negate what Lee does.

yea you are, you are also nuthugging al only because he went the distance with khabib, i bet you watched didn't even watch any of his fights before that. When lee destroys him, i hope OP bumps this thread to embarrass you, never seen nuthugging via proxy, but i guess i do now.

Granted both fighters have probably improved tremendously since February, 2014 when Al Iaquinta outpointed Lee in a three round fight. So, the edge has to go to Al, I would think.

yea you are, you are also nuthugging al only because he went the distance with khabib, i bet you watched didn't even watch any of his fights before that. When lee destroys him, i hope OP bumps this thread to embarrass you, never seen nuthugging via proxy but i guess i do now.

No i'm not, I thought Al vs Lee would have been a 50/50 fight before he fought Khabib, you can check my post history if you want. I don't nuthug any fighter. I like certain fighters but nuthuggers are delusional people that can't separate logic from emotions.

I'm an MMA fan first and foremost before i'm a fan of any individual fighter.

If you want to debate do it like an adult, not like a child, debate what I said instead of trying to discredit me based on how you feel and i'll do the same.

Last edited:
Back