GSP takes dig at Conor: Defending one belt harder than winning two

Well boys, GOAT has spoken.

Excited to hear the GOATs response to this. Over to you Conor.

What is harder? Getting manhandled by Pre-USADA Johny Hendricks or cherrypick a fight for a belt with the weakest champ in modern history?

I thought GSP looked good at MW, yet it seems most disagreed. He got his first finish at MW in like 8 years after a 3-4 year layoff for crying out loud. Obviously 170 is his true weight class but he looked good at MW. I'm in the minority.

Let's not forget, GSP has experience with both defending a belt many times,

and earning two belts in different weight classes

so he's qualified to speak on the subject

jIGanE6.gif

Atleast GSP has defended one of his belts, while also having won 2 belts in two different classes. He knows exactly what he's talking about

Last edited:
I thought GSP looked good at MW, yet it seems most disagreed. He got his first finish at MW in like 8 years after a 3-4 year layoff for crying out loud. Obviously 170 is his true weight class but he looked good at MW. I'm in the minority.
Remember, Bisping was the flukiest champ in history who wouldn't defend against contenders. He fought 71 year old Dan Henderson because Evan Tanner wasn't available. GSP also refuses to fight Woodley. He continues to look for "Legacy fights". Translation....easy matchups that can pad my win streak. See Bisping and underweight fighters such as Conor, Khabib, TJ, Mighty Mouse etc...

Bit rich from him seeing as he didnt defend the belt against rob whittaker to unify the division

A lot of poeple have defended one belt, very few have won two.
I don't think most were allowed to try back in the day. TJ tried recently and couldn't get MM to take the fight.

A higher percentage fail to defend than fail in an attempt to win a second belt. Many champions lose their first defense. I believe only Frankie has had a title shot in a second weightclass, but never won a second belt.

What is harder? Getting manhandled by Pre-USADA Johny Hendricks or cherrypick a fight for a belt with the weakest champ in modern history?
Why are you so salty? GSP is a great fighter who defended his belt and later on his life went to get a belt on a different weigth class after a long rest. You people love it when fighters go downhill.

Back