Kevin Lee (-310) vs. Al Iaquinta (+255)... Best action of 2018?

flyingoctoplata

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
- Al won the first fight. Way better striker. Cardio for days. Great tdd.
- Kevin has never outstruck anyone of worth, is chinny, his cardio is suspect
- This is a 5 round fight, Al's tdd and pressure is going to exhaust Lee. Lee withered in the 3rd round last time. Ferg gassed the shit out him too. His cardio can't deal with grappler/strikers who pressure him
- Al stuffed almost every td in the first fight
- Both fighters have improved

Kevin Lee has to be the most ridiculously overrated fighter at LW right now. I don't get it. Who has he been so impressive against? Barboza? even though he nearly got KO'ed, when Barboza was easiest style matchup for in the division?

Al is going to be a nightmare matchup.

This is by no means a lock, but a beautiful fight to bet on.

1-11.gif

eaj1ft.gif

Last edited:
Go bet on Al and bet big. Post the slip here and declare yourself as the brightest mind of all Sherdog.

Watch Lee wreck that short-tempered fool in the first 2 rounds.

Come back here, make excuses, lie, cry, delete account.

<[analyzed}>

Lee nearly won the first fight and he's improved leaps and bounds since then. How much has Al improved?

The 5 round aspect is a bit scary but Lee will submit him and once again outdo Khabib.

I agree that Kevin should not be that heavily favourite.
probably -155 ~ or smt.

The bookies are not stupid tho, and not easy to beat.

GL

Go bet on Al and bet big. Post the slip here and declare yourself as the brightest mind of all Sherdog.

Watch Lee wreck that short-tempered fool in the first 2 rounds.

Come back here, make excuses, lie, cry, delete account.

<[analyzed}>
I mean Lee could win, nobody is denying this,

the numbers here don't add up though.

This is a great bet to take.

I think I'll drop a bill.

When has he outdone Khabib?

3 losses, loss to Iaquinta, almost KO'ed by Barboza.

Finished Barboza, 100% dominance both standing and on the ground other than that one strike.

The Al fight was when he was a kid and had only been wrestling a few years (~10 years less than Al). That's like bringing up an old Holloway fight. We'll soon see what a prime Lee does to Al. I think he finishes him.

I rather just bet the over for this fight. Not sure who is going to win but I don't think either will finish the other early.

Finished Barboza, 100% dominance both standing and on the ground other than that one strike.

The Al fight was when he was a kid and had only been wrestling a few years (~10 years less than Al). That's like bringing up an old Holloway fight. We'll soon see what a prime Lee does to Al. I think he finishes him.
So again, the Barboza finish is all you have. In his entire 16-3 career that is the one thing he's debatably done better than 27-0 Khabib, but Khabib annihilated Barboza every second of the fight and he didn't almost get knocked out by him like Lee, so not even that.<{Heymansnicker}>

I guess you think Conor would dominate Holloway in a rematch.

Lee had a 10-8 round against Al in the first fight
And Al won the fight, dropped him, and beat his ass 2 of 3 rounds.

Lee gassed in the third too.

5 round fight he's going to wilt. Lee's cardio sucks against guys who pressure him.

So again, the Barboza finish is all you have. In his entire 16-3 career that is the one thing he's debatably done better than 27-0 Khabib, but Khabib annihilated Barboza every second of the fight and he didn't almost get knocked out by him like Lee, so not even that.<{Heymansnicker}>

Barely 26 years old, 6-1 in the last couple years with his only loss in a title fight with Ferguson. Khabib wasn't fighting someone like a prime Ferguson in a title fight when he was 24 or 25. Heck he's still not fighting Ferguson now...

All of that is irrelevant, we saw the Barboza fight and we're about to see the Al fight, two very recent common opponents.

- Al won the first fight. Way better striker. Cardio for days. Great tdd.
- Kevin has never outstruck anyone of worth, is chinny, his cardio is suspect
- This is a 5 round fight, Al's tdd and pressure is going to exhaust Lee. Lee withered in the 3rd round last time. Ferg gassed the shit out him too. His cardio can't deal with grappler/strikers who pressure him
- Al stuffed almost every td in the first fight
- Both fighters have improved

Kevin Lee has to be the most ridiculously overrated fighter at LW right now. I don't get it. Who has he been so impressive against? Barboza? even though he nearly got KO'ed, when Barboza was easiest style matchup for in the division?

Al is going to be a nightmare matchup.

This is by no means a lock, but a beautiful fight to bet on.

1-11.gif

eaj1ft.gif

Nice thread man. Not saying Al is going to win either but he’s definitely more than a live dog for the reasons you mentioned but in addition to that some guys just have the other guys number even if popular consensus is that they’re not as good/supposed to lose.

It could very well be another Ngannou vs Blaydes type situation. Pretty much EVERYONE thought Blaydes would run thru Ngannou in their rematch.

Back