What wrestlers in the LW division could negate Khabib's grappling?

Nobody at 155, he out grapples everyone there without much trouble. At 170 though, Usman, Maia, GSP, and Tyron have a good shot at negating his grappling. Out of those four, GSP and Tyron would out strike him so those are his worst matchups.

Tony Ferguson because he's a pain in the ass and would make Khabib work for longer than he can handle. Khabib could get the better of him early, but I don't think he'd finish, and he'd run out of gas.

Juiced Thibau, that's pretty much it

I think Kevin Lee could keep the fight standing with the right gameplan. Maybe, I'd like to see it.

Juiced Thibau, that's pretty much it
That was when Khabib was 23, green, hadn't trained at AKA yet. Today's Khabib would easily outwrestle that same Tibau. Khabib's takedowns were a lot more one dimensional back then too and he was much smaller.

That was when Khabib was 23, green, hadn't trained at AKA yet. Today's Khabib would easily outwrestle that same Tibau. Khabib's takedowns were a lot more one dimensional back then too and he was much smaller.
Thibau has one of the best tdd in lw history. Khabib might do better in grappling but no so sure. He outstrikes him with ease though

I think they are pretty even standing. Neither one is spectacular.
Nah Khabib is more skilled than Lee standing, and has way better power and chin.

His style is just nontraditional. He would legit fuck Lee up standing.

He's also a better grappler and wrestler and has better cardio and heart.

Thibau has one of the best tdd in lw history. Khabib might do better in grappling but no so sure. He outstrikes him with ease though
I think he's improved a lot not just as a striker, but a grappler too since the Tibau fight. He's bigger now too and walks around quite a bit heavier, Tibau outsized him pretty significantly during that fight.

I think 2018 Khabib would definitely be able to take Tibau down once or twice per round with the amount of time he spent trying to take him down in the first fight, and that's all Khabib needs. He'd obviously easily out strike him too though.

gotta go up to 170 for that.

MAYBE Tony's BJJ can catch Khabib....

Nah Khabib is more skilled than Lee standing, and has way better power and chin.

His style is just nontraditional. He would legit fuck Lee up standing.

He's also a better grappler and wrestler and has better cardio and heart.

Can't say he would "legit fuck Lee up" standing when Khabib hasn't fucked up any wrestlers on the feet. The reason Khabib is dangerous on the feet vs strikers is because of the TD threat. If it were a pure striking contest, Khabib would likely get picked apart by high level strikers.

Kevin Lee (like Ferguson) wouldn't be afraid of the take down

Everyone sleeping on the Motown phenom is in for a rude awakening. Dropping McGregor who didn't respect Khabib's power does not make him good on his feet, it just means he has power. Kevin's reach and stand up make him the most problematic fight at Lightweight, Tony is a good test too but trying to beat Khabib from the bottom will be difficult to say the least.

He would easily out strike Lee on the feet too. I don't get what's so special about Lee's stand-up, sure it looks fundamentally better than Khabib's but that's all. No real power, his striking defense for mma is pretty awful, while Khabib's striking defense is actually great. Lee also has the same takedown threat as Khabib, yet gets out struck and dropped almost every fight.

Back