Anyone have a problem with Khabib/Mayweather during his MMA suspension? (Chechyna May 4th)

flyingoctoplata

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see a lot of people complaining about this fight assuming it will delay his MMA career, but the reality is with Ramadan and his suspension, the earliest we will see Khabib in action in MMA is about a year after UFC 229, and I seriously doubt the UFC will strip him considering the clout he now holds.

Why would anyone have a problem with seeing an extra Khabib fight in the interim in Chechnya, on May the 4th, as we are hearing?

Last edited:
Is he able to box while suspended?
Absolutely. So long as the UFC allow it.

Speaking to Russian media, Khabib's father said that if Khabib receives a 9 month suspension, he might spend this time preparing for this boxing bout:

"Mayweather contacted us himself, so it's not only interesting for both sides, but for some very large investors. The fight could be scheduled for May 4th at the Grozny's 30k arena.

It's a retarded idea.

Of course Nurmagomedov wants to make a shit ton of money, but why would Mayweather do it? He could make better money fighting anyone else.

Spoiler alert: It will never happen.

Lmao, nobody wants to see this fight. Khabib and his managers are greedier and more delusional then Keebler elves.

It's a retarded idea.

Of course Nurmagomedov wants to make a shit ton of money, but why would Mayweather do it? He could make better money fighting anyone else.

Spoiler alert: It will never happen.

There is little evidence any elite MMA fighter can transition to boxing and actually compete in earnest with an elite boxer, much less a 50-0 one.

Conor's boxing was atrocious and the only reason it went 10 rounds is because Floyd is 40, he never really knocked anyone out as of late (minus a sucker punch), and did I mention Floyd is 40?

When will people learn that the muscle memory, the muscle makeup, the reflexes etc of an elite boxer are on a whole different level. That's the reason why Floyd wants it, easy money.

Conor had a horrible showing at 229, and from that ppl have this notion that Khabib is now an elite striker. No, it only works if your opponent is constantly worried about your insane TDs. Take that away and focus only on his hands, and you'll see him get embarrassed.

Lmao, nobody wants to see this fight. Khabib and his managers are greedier and more delusional then Keebler elves.
You say this but it will probably be bigger than 99.9% of UFC fights and make Khabib substantially more money than anything they can pay.

If he were to pull off a huge upset it would gigantic for his legacy.

i have a problem with it no matter when it takes place.

even the conor fight made no sense - and now a fucking grappler? if this actually winds up happening i am going to laugh my ass off.

There is little evidence any elite MMA fighter can transition to boxing and actually compete in earnest with an elite boxer, much less a 50-0 one.

Conor's boxing was atrocious and the only reason it went 10 rounds is because Floyd is 40, he never really knocked anyone out as of late (minus a sucker punch), and did I mention Floyd is 40?

When will people learn that the muscle memory, the muscle makeup, the reflexes etc of an elite boxer are on a whole different level. That's the reason why Floyd wants it, easy money.

Conor had a horrible showing at 229, and from that ppl have this notion that Khabib is now an elite striker. No, it only works if your opponent is constantly worried about your insane TDs. Take that away and focus only on his hands, and you'll see him get embarrassed.
^^^^^^^^^^^This

He probably would, but the reality is also that Floyd is even further deteriorated and it only takes one.

Fuck no!

I’d love to see Khabib get slept before he comes back to the UFC.

Please make this fight happen!!!

He's already talking about retirement, if he boxes Floyd we'll never see him again so yeah I have a problem with it.

He probably would, but the reality is also that Floyd is even further deteriorated and it only takes one.

not with boxing gloves. You think Khabib punches harder than a Canelo? MMA fighters can look like world beaters with small gloves. And I highly doubt a haymaker swing while looking down will catch Floyd, and even if it did Floyd would get right back up and start taking shit seriously.

I think Khabib would fare better than Conor (better cardio, saw Conor's rookie mistakes, seems like the type to stand in the pocket vs running the whole time), but Floyd will just put on a 12 round clinic.

I have no interest in watching Khabib in a boxing contest. Ill watch Mayweather knock him out just for fun but I'm not buying the PPV.

not with boxing gloves. You think Khabib punches harder than a Canelo? MMA fighters can look like world beaters with small gloves. And I highly doubt a haymaker swing while looking down will catch Floyd, and even if it did Floyd would get right back up and start taking shit seriously.

I think Khabib would fare better than Conor (better cardio, saw Conor's rookie mistakes, seems like the type to stand in the pocket vs running the whole time), but Floyd will just put on a 12 round clinic.
Age alone deteriorates chins.

Floyd looks a lot older now than he even did against Conor.

Khabib winning is a longshot but anything is possible.

Back