Best rivalry?

Terpizzle

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What's the best rivalry in the UFC (past or present)?

Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard
Chuck vs. Tito
Chael vs. Anderson
Dilly vs. Garbrandt

I might give the tip of the cap to Bones/DC... so many to choose from

ace_ventura3.gif

diaz and canner is fun

What's the best rivalry in the UFC (past or present)?

Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard
Chuck vs. Tito
Chael vs. Anderson
Dilly vs. Garbrandt

I might give the tip of the cap to Bones/DC... so many to choose from

ace_ventura3.gif

Ken vs Hoyce.

Hey pussy are you still there?

Cain vs JDS, a trilogy that needed no words.

The 2 baddest men on the planet, in their primes, fighting 3 times, just to be safe :)

14uhroo.gif

a good rivalry to me is one where they are close, like split 1 and 1. hard to find those.

Well, maybe a useful question to ask would be what constitutes a "good" rivalry. How about the following criteria:
  1. Genuine hatred for each other, not just manufactured conflict to sell the fight
  2. Evenly matched, either fighter can win on any given night
  3. Both fighters are the very best in their division, ideally not only at the time they fought but historically
  4. They fought multiple times, each time capturing the public's imagination and selling a large number of PPVs
If you take the greatest rivalry in boxing history, Ali vs Frazier, you can see that it pretty much satisfies all of these.

Last edited:
DC vs JJ back then and still now.

I'd go for categories:
Most important: Liddell - Ortiz, it was what kept the UFC around and made MMA mainstream
Most skill involved: Jones - DC, two GOAT candidates who really despise each other, willing to hurt each other
Funniest one: Anderson - Sonnen, i find Sonnen's character really funny and witty, and Silva was entertaining as well. Mcgregor v Diaz gets a shoutout in this category, but it seems to be more fabricated so I feel like it loses points because of that

My favs

Edgar Vs Maynard

Sonnen Vs Silva

Jones Vs DC

Back