WW official Sherdog ranking

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 385619

Usman is ranked over Covington, why?

Colby was ranked higher before each guy started fighting top competition. Usman only beat Colby’s scraps, Colby won a fake belt. This is a reflection of the ridiculous talk on MMA forums, this so called top MMA site spews the same dumbass opinions.

I do agree that Usman is better but a ranking is based on accomplishments not feelings. Unless you’re Gus, that’s a whole other issue

Usman is ranked over Covington, why?

Colby was ranked higher before each guy started fighting top competition. Usman only beat Colby’s scraps, Colby won a fake belt. This is a reflection of the ridiculous talk on MMA forums, this so called top MMA site spews the same dumbass opinions.

I do agree that Usman is better but a ranking is based on accomplishments not feelings. Unless you’re Gus, that’s a whole other issue

Ask this guy:

https://twitter.com/tcritchfield52

9-0 in the UFC is better than 9-1 in the UFC.
The level of their opposition is similar but Usman hasn't lost in the UFC.

14-1 vs 14-1 both with a sub loss and a load of boring wins...... so maybe they just flipped a coin.

-fDlQoCW_400x400.jpg

DfnLbi-XcAAVDSA.jpg

Thats why...

As the leader of the glorious Chaos Nation im calling Sherdog writers out for being biased.
Colby is the #1 WW in the world. Facts

Dana says the media does the rankings but we all know thats a lie

It's rare for a fighter to get ranked if they haven't fought in the UFC; Colby's lucky to be ranked at all IMO.

9-0 in the UFC is better than 9-1 in the UFC.
The level of their opposition is similar but Usman hasn't lost in the UFC.

14-1 vs 14-1 both with a sub loss and a load of boring wins...... so maybe they just flipped a coin.
I agree that 9-0>9-1 however if Colby has always been ranked higher and Usman had the same result as Colby bs the same fighters then how does one justify putting him ahead now? Let’s also not forget that Colby beat them first. Popularity contest aside there isn’t a good argument to support the ranking. We all just need to be treated to Usman rag dolling Colby, the ranking will be justified and that shitbird can finally go away

Probably based of the fact that he (Usman ) fought more recently and is undefeated in the UFC .

That's so dumb. Usman beat Maia who was coming off a 2 fight losing streak and the last L was to Colby.
Then Usman beats RDA who was coming off 1 loss which was to Colby.

Why is RDA (2L streak) ranked higher than Stephen Thompson? Smh. Tristen Critchfield (the guy who did the rankings) even scored the Wonderboy/Till fight for Wonderboy 49-47.

MMA media as a whole is pretty trash. I don't think I like one MMA journalist. Maybe the Submission Radio guys, they're alright.

Similar record but Usman looks to be the better fighter. Makes sense.

Similar record but Usman looks to be the better fighter. Makes sense.
No it really doesn’t. It isn’t based on opinion. I believe Usman is better, I do not know though and their path though similar one is a step ahead with regards to accomplishments. Not to mention that Colby beat winners, Usman beat his sloppy seconds

Back