Media UFC 231: Fight Motion - Max is amazing

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
go to 2:20

Incredible combo's. Timing, accuracy... Looks even better in HD slo-mo.

Last edited:
Watch theweasle breakdown. He gives more indepth.

Ortega's hands were most of the time lower then Mighty Mouse

Looked like a bobble head towards the end there, impressive Max with the shortest reach in his weightclass outstriking guys (I think?)

Has anyone ever told Ortega to keep his hands up? Its the worse defense ever (if there is at least any kind of defense).
If his aim wasnt to destroys Holloways fists with his head, he seems to have an absolut low level skill in boxing.

769e0a24-fba0-11e8-b08e-b8ca3a67761c

Last edited:
In slow motion you can really see how Max doesn't use full force on his punches. I think that helps him maintain his cardio into the late rounds, kinda like what Nate does. I don't know why more fighters don't take this approach. It seems like most fighters try to throw everything into every shot to get a one punch knockout. Yeah, you might land it, but if you don't you end up gassing. I'd like to see more fighters do this.

In slow motion you can really see how Max doesn't use full force on his punches. I think that helps him maintain his cardio into the late rounds, kinda like what Nate does. I don't know why more fighters don't take this approach. It seems like most fighters try to throw everything into every shot to get a one punch knockout. Yeah, you might land it, but if you don't you end up gassing. I'd like to see more fighters do this.

Yeah in slow motion you could really see the force behind punches from the fighters, some you could tell were finishing. When it came to max his looked more powerful in real time. However he is so accurate and with high volume it did damage over time.

Back