Rumored 205 title eliminator-Jan Błachowicz vs Anthony Smith bout in the works

czitos188

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What do you think guys? Many of you didn't want Jan nowhere close to title picture but it might happen.

he can grapple smith to death i think. crazy, but jan may be the first defense of either gus or jones unless smith doesnt wanna fight and wants to wait for the winner of 232

imagine gus vs jan II for the belt

Yeh, considering that the top3 (DC,JJ,Gus) have no intention of fighting anybody other than eachother and one of them is about to retire and the second one about to get popped again, it's pretty much a dead circle so this match-up makes a lot of sense.

Jan is good all-around. Smith by Hellbows KO.

/e: JJ has already said that when he wins the belt he will chase Brock or boxing, only looking for money fights after that. He won't be fighting the rest of LHW for sure.

Damn. 205 is stacked!

What do you think guys? Many of you didn't want Jan nowhere close to title picture but it might happen.
Yes he is.

He, winner of Latifi/Corey, Smith and Reyes are future contenders. The thing is, Jan cemented his spot earlier than others.

Great fight, either Jan by submission or Smith by late TKO.
he can grapple smith to death i think. crazy, but jan may be the first defense of either gus or jones unless smith doesnt wanna fight and wants to wait for the winner of 232

imagine gus vs jan II for the belt
I think you're wrong if you really believe Smith can just sit and wait for the winner, UFC will just move on without him and give this nº 1 contender bout to Dominick Reyes.

What's the source of this?
Jan's interview in polish TV Polsat Sport. He asked UFC for title shot or eliminator against Smith. The UFC said they would talk to Smith. Nothing 100% but what's sure in life.

Jan has 4 in a row
Smith has 3
Reyes has 4 and is undefeated (10-0)
Latifi - 2
Corey - 2

They should do a tournament.

Jan vs. Smith
Reyes vs. Latifi/Corey

or else
Reyes vs. Smith
Jan vs. Latifi/Corey

or else
Jan vs. Reyes
Smith vs. Latifi/Corey

I think Jan and Smith are ahead of Reyes at this point, two or three places, so it's title eliminator to make. Reyes vs. Latifi/Corey is for the next one.

Great fight, either Jan by submission or Smith by late TKO.
I think you're wrong if you really believe Smith can just sit and wait for the winner, UFC will just move on without him and give this nº 1 contender bout to Dominick Reyes.
could be but jon said at the 232 presser he had no issues making smith his first defense - obv because he knows smith is not a world beater by any means and has a lot of flaws. would be jons easiest defense ever and prob his easiest opponent since even before he won the belt in 2011

could be but jon said at the 232 presser he had no issues making smith his first defense - obv because he knows smith is not a world beater by any means and has a lot of flaws. would be jons easiest defense ever and prob his easiest opponent since even before he won the belt in 2011
people assumed his fight vs Hamill would've been his easiest ever as well but look how turned that out, got absolutely obliterated there.

My point is that if Smith refuses to fight Jan and/or Reyes for the nº 1 spot, UFC will just give the titleshot to someone else and move on from him. Jon would have said the same thing about any other fighter too..

Jan is super under rated imo. I think he can put Smith away.

My point is that Smith refuses to fight Jan and/or Reyes for the nº 1 spot, UFC will just give the titleshot to someone else and move on from him. Jon would have said the same thing about any other fighter too..
i dont know that, ufc would rather have smith fight for the belt than jan. jan is unexciting while smith atleast puts on "fan friendly" fights so to speak. and i wouldnt rush reyes to the belt. id just let smith fight the 232 winner and keep building reyes......jan can do whatever. he can fight thiago santos or volkan

Nice if its true . Jan is a very underrated fighter and i dont think Smith can finish him since Jan has a great chin and good defense i got him by UD.

So embarrassing that a bum like Jan is close to the title, also embarrassing that Anderson and Latifi are fighting for essentially a no 1 contender spot, they all lose to Reyes including Smith.

Reyes is the only person I care to see face the winner of Jones x Gus, everyone else is just boring and a waste of time.

So embarrassing that a bum like Jan is close to the title, also embarrassing that Anderson and Latifi are fighting for essentially a no 1 contender spot, they all lose to Reyes including Smith.

Reyes is the only person I care to see face the winner of Jones x Gus, everyone else is just boring and a waste of time.
Jan was teeing off on Gus in the feet tho gus had to panicwrestle to earn a safe UD . I'd rather see Latifi vs Jan 2 after Latifi KOs Corey CANderson out cold.
I dont mind seeing Latifi KO Smith either.

Back