One peculiar thing about UFC 233

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
As you know, UFC 233 is stacked. If you ask me, it has something to do with the Bellator card that was announced beforehand, but we may never know unless they tell us.

One thing that I just noticed is that there is no heavyweight fight on that stacked card. Though there obviously were cards that didn't have any heavyweights on it, the absence of a SINGLE heavyweight fight on a card that seems to be intentionally stacked to seven hells, more so before they moved the main event out, going against the card headlined by the best fighter of all time, a heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko, might have been intentional.

With all these fights being rebooked and injuries, I can't even remember who was supposed to be on the card now

Not trying to be rude, but at this point and time I wouldn’t really consider 233 to be stacked.

Plus Cruz just got “injured”.

Some decent match ups, but I wouldn’t call it stacked just yet....

55036E7A-AD6B-42DA-B5AF-314713F6E427.jpeg

Not trying to be rude, but at this point and time I wouldn’t really consider 233 to be stacked.

View attachment 486653
Looks more like a free card to me. I only really care about 2-3 fights at most

We don't have the same definition of "Stacked".

Not stacked but at this point I feel like I can't miss UFC ppvs again. 233 just needs a great main event. If not Woodley/Colby, then Tony/Poirier for the interim title. UFC 225-231 have all been an A to A+ in terms of action/entertaining fights.

Hoping 232 continues the trend.

DC vs Lesnar. Cmon now, let's rip that bandaid off!

View attachment 486653

Without Cruz/Lineker it's a good FS1 card. Not sure what TS is talking about.

This is the card where they put 4 gallons of oil on the cage canvas, right? I'm with it. They put Albu in there..... I can dig it....

View attachment 486653
I'll watch the Bellator

Going with Bellator… How could you miss and huge Fedor fight in 2019.

With all these fights being rebooked and injuries, I can't even remember who was supposed to be on the card now

Yeah, it wasn't amazing to begin with, on paper at least.
I appreciate people being in to the fights but this is a fight night card at the moment, if you are charging PPV prices you need to have 'name's it's not like they need PPV money to make the wage bill on this card!
With that said if garbrandt steps in against linekar that could be an epic fight.

With all the stupid Twitter beef etc, anyone else have a strange feeling Was keen will somehow end up fighting Usmann?

That could end up being the most boring fight imaginable

Yeah, it wasn't amazing to begin with, on paper at least.
I appreciate people being in to the fights but this is a fight night card at the moment, if you are charging PPV prices you need to have 'name's it's not like they need PPV money to make the wage bill on this card!
With that said if garbrandt steps in against linekar that could be an epic fight.

Apparently Cody won't be ready until March. Tyron vs Colby was supposed to be on the card, that fell apart. TJ vs Cejudo is now on ESPN. That leaves us with Askren vs Lawler. They're trying to replace Lawler with Usman for a 5 round interim title fight...at least that's what it seems.

Apparently Cody won't be ready until March. Tyron vs Colby was supposed to be on the card, that fell apart. TJ vs Cejudo is now on ESPN. That leaves us with Askren vs Lawler. They're trying to replace Lawler with Usman for a 5 round interim title fight...at least that's what it seems.

You must have wrote this as I posted the same thought about Askren...that fight would be so dull, Usmann is talented, no doubt, and I respect his abilities but I find him so boring.
His style is not what casuals tuning in to see a 'Nigerian nightmare' will be expecting.

That's a shame about Cody, could have been fun...is Moraes available?

You must have wrote this as I posted the same thought about Askren...that fight would be so dull, Usmann is talented, no doubt, and I respect his abilities but I find him so boring.
His style is not what casuals tuning in to see a 'Nigerian nightmare' will be expecting.

That's a shame about Cody, could have been fun...is Moraes available?

Thought Moraes was booked against raphael assuncao in February

Looks like that fight may be lost. And yeah for a main event of a PPV event Usman vs Askren would be boring as fuck lol. I'd only be interested because it'd be Askren's UFC debut and maybe Usman will finally lose.

Back