Andy Foster doesn't want USADA to be responsible for suspensions anymore

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

"There were two other main takeaways from the hearing. Executive officer Andy Foster came out today and said no longer CSAC wants to defer to USADA in cases involving anti-doping. USADA is the UFCs partner and Foster said that he does not want CSAC to defer to them as far as jurisdiction any longer. He wants CSAC to be the sole arbiter of doping cases in this state, and he does not want USADA involved in deciding sanctions. We spoke to Foster and he was adamant that he no longer wants USADA to adjudicate cases involving fighters licensing in california, so a fight that may take place like the upcoming one may be affected. It will be interesting to see where things go from here because USADA has not yet commented on this new development."

"Now, i mean, its a good thing, you heard me say. The UFC has done many great things by cleaning up the sport, by hiring USADA... But the penalties, in my view, they are not always consistent, and if anything, it causes more burden for the fighter. They have to adjudicate with the comission AND they have to adjudicate with USADA. Sometimes those are the same, sometimes they are not. I say that because the process needs to be fixed. This doesnt need to keep going. Jon Jones should not had to be here twice. He should not have been through this USADA process in my view. He should have got his 15 or 18 months(...) because the substance was in his system, hes getting in trouble for it(...) But this process is not about Mr. Jones, is about any of these athletes. If you have money to fight the case, you are able to prove certain things. Here in california, we just need the results. Then we'll take it from here."

Is this the beginning of the end for USADA?

Im not so sure about the full ramifications of these events, so i hope more knowledgeable user in this forum can fill in.

Last edited:
Holy fuck hopefully USADA goes theyre corrupt as fuck anyway plus I'll never forgive those monsters for what they did to vitor

I hope they do that . So PED cheats (Who happens to be @TheExpert and @20falarVerdades favorite fighters) cant get away with that shit concussing the shit out of clean fighters like Daniel Cormier and a lot others and still getting away with that shit . Thank god we have clean MMA GOATs like GSP , Fedor , Aldo and DC.

giphy.gif

it means they will keep USADA to do testing, but they won't be doing any reporting/sanctioning. it's all up to the commission who will not punish UFC fighters because they lose out on money

brilliant move by UFC

USADA should be a tool for CSAC to adjudicate with. They shouldn't be involved in punishments.

Not that I think they are any better, but this seems like common sense.

Doesn't ABC recognize USADA suspensions?

Sounds like Foster doesn't want UFC events in California.

"There were two other main takeaways from the hearing. Executive officer Andy Foster came out today and said no longer CSAC wants to differ to USADA in cases involving anti-doping. USADA is the UFCs partner and Foster said that he does not want CSAC to differ to them as far as jurisdiction any longer. He wants CSAC to be the sole arbiter of doping cases in this state, and he does not want USADA involved in deciding sanctions. We spoke to Foster and he was adamant that he no longer wants USADA to adjudicate cases involving fighters licensing in california, so a fight that may take place like the upcoming one may be affected. It will be interesting to see where things go from here because USADA has not yet commented on this new development."

Is this the beginning of the end for USADA?

Im not so sure about the full ramifications of these events, so i hope more knowledgeable user in this forum can fill in.

Lol, where do you get from this that USADA are going to stop having results management (ie suspension) power in teh UFC. Only the UFC can make that happen by cancelling the program.

Besides, USADA work with Nevada, CAnadian Commissions, Brazilian Commissions without any problems.

This is just Andy Foster because hes balls deep on John Jones

Andy Foster also said he wants CSAC having no outside parties involved in their drug testing and then they suggest making Jon be tested by Vada.

I was all for USADA initially, but they have proven that they are not reliable enough to prevent the kind of bullshit that’s going on in the UFC today. The UFC needs legit drug testing, but it seems USADA isn’t up to the task...
Jeff-Novitzky1.jpg

Doesn't ABC recognize USADA suspensions?

Sounds like Foster doesn't want UFC events in California.
yeh

this is all this is

What Foster actually said was

"I told USADA, collect the urine, give me the results, I will take it from there"

He wants CSAC to decide how long people are suspended for

Which considering how far down this throat Jon's dick was today with Andy screaming how innocent he was and how hes been slandered, is not really the way forward.

Thread title is complete and utter bollocks, and not what one would expect from someone nominated for poster of the year.

actually, yes it is.. this is sherdog after all

Holy fuck hopefully USADA goes theyre corrupt as fuck anyway plus I'll never forgive those monsters for what they did to vitor

that was not USADA did that to Vitor

USADA should be a tool for CSAC to adjudicate with. They shouldn't be involved in punishments.

Not that I think they are any better, but this seems like common sense.
CSAC/NSAC are political and probably corrupt af. USADA supposedly isn't.

Athletic commissions are tired of losing their piece of the pie to USADA.

I was all for USADA initially, but they have proven that they are not reliable enough to prevent the kind of bullshit that’s going on in the UFC today. The UFC needs legit drug testing, but it seems USADA isn’t up to the task...
Jeff-Novitzky1.jpg
rickscott6.jpg

python on ecstasy

what is really fucking funny is Foster and CSAC want Jones to go through three months Vada testing

And Andy has it in his head that if he tests positive under VADA that CSAC can just deal with it, give Jon a slap on the wrist and move on.

USADA/UFC have it written in the policy that if an athlete tests positive under another agency USADA can also punish them under the program :D

Back