Belts aside does it get better than Blessed Vs El Cucuy

SpiderFan187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I can't imagine a better fight right now, both on a crazy run, both move forward, both award, both have cardio for days, both heart for days and both happy to eat 1 to land 3. GImme this please.

That and Rob The Reaper vs Izzy Stylebender

I think Khabib vs Tony is the question that needs answering first.

Tony versus Nate would be better. And it's a more likely fight as well since both guys are Lightweights.

Nate has all the same strengths as Max does (good boxing, excellent cardio, extremely durable chin), except he can also match Tony in the Ju-Jitsu department as well whereas Holloway couldn't. It would be an absolutely sick fight. I know the Holloway fight would have the added component of both guys being on long winning streaks whereas the Diaz one wouldn't, but I'd still prefer Nate.

One dream scenario of mine would be UFC 235 being headlined by Conor/Khabib II and Ferguson/Diaz - Conor and Diaz both win, and that leads to their rubber match later in the Summer.

Tony>Max>Kabib

Where does Kevin Lee fit into all of this?

giphy.gif

Tony versus Nate would be better. And it's a more likely fight as well since both guys are Lightweights.

Nate has all the same strengths as Max does (good boxing, excellent cardio, extremely durable chin), except he can also match Tony in the Ju-Jitsu department as well whereas Holloway couldn't. It would be an absolutely sick fight. I know the Holloway fight would have the added component of both guys being on long winning streaks whereas the Diaz one wouldn't, but I'd still prefer Nate.

One dream scenario of mine would be UFC 235 being headlined by Conor/Khabib II and Ferguson/Diaz - Conor and Diaz both win, and that leads to their rubber match later in the Summer.
Ughhh both those fights are horrible imho. Nate doesn't deserve a shot against Tony and would get destroyed easily and Conor also doesn't deserve a rematch with Khabib. Switch Nate and Khabib, those are the better fights.

Khabib Tony. Unless Khabib is suspended for a year.
No other fight matters.

Ughhh both those fights are horrible imho. Nate doesn't deserve a shot against Tony and would get destroyed easily and Conor also doesn't deserve a rematch with Khabib. Switch Nate and Khabib, those are the better fights.

I am as big a Tony fan as you'll find (and not really a fan of Nate's, although I don't dislike him at all) and while I agree Tony wins, Nate really never gets "destroyed" by anyone. The only time I've seen him truly wrecked was when the Punk landed that insane head kick on him that probably would have KO'd a rhino.

Tony would win based on crazy aggression and more diverse striking, but I don't think he "destroys" Nate. Nate is tough as they come, and Tony (while one of the best fighters on the planet) doesn't have huge one-shot KO power.

I am as big a Tony fan as you'll find (and not really a fan of Nate's, although I don't dislike him at all) and while I agree Tony wins, Nate really never gets "destroyed" by anyone. The only time I've seen him truly wrecked was when the Punk landed that insane head kick on him that probably would have KO'd a rhino.

Tony would win based on crazy aggression and more diverse striking, but I don't think he "destroys" Nate. Nate is tough as they come, and Tony (while one of the best fighters on the planet) doesn't have huge one-shot KO power.
Nate got destroyed by Benson..

You ruined your post with that last paragraph. I was with you until conor beats khabib

Did you watch the Rory fight?

Nate is tough but I just think Tony is too much for him. Yes the are similar on paper and stylistically Nate matches up well with Tony in each area of the game but the difference is Tony is able to put it all together and has become an elite MMA fighter while Nate rarely fights and is consistently inconsistent.

Tony by TKO rd 4.

EPIC matchup. I would love to see it

Nate got destroyed by Benson..

Yeah I mean RDA completely dominated him with top position too, but Tony is a different style fighter.

To me this is the perfect example of "styles make fights". I think current Tony is better than any version of Benson or RDA, but simply because of his style, Nate would not look quite as bad vs him as he did against those two guys. Tony still wins, and likely it's not that close, but I just don't think he "destroys" Nate.

Did you watch the Rory fight?

Nate is tough but I just think Tony is too much for him. Yes the are similar on paper and stylistically Nate matches up well with Tony in each area of the game but the difference is Tony is able to put it all together and has become an elite MMA fighter while Nate rarely fights and is consistently inconsistent.

Tony by TKO rd 4.

Yeah Rory also dominated that fight, but he was never really close to stopping Nate. I guess it's semantics, but when I think "destroy" I really think about one guy stopping the other (or at least putting a huge beatdown on him to where a stoppage is a possibility).

If you look at my post history, you'll see Tony is my favorite current fighter to watch. The guy is amazing. And I think he handles Nate. I just don't think he finishes him. I think more likely is that it looks like Tony vs RDA but with Nate having less success in the first round or two.

Back