Throwback: a 24 year old Jon Jones chokes former champion Lyoto Machida unconscious

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This happened exactly seven years ago .. . it is not surprising that Jones went on to become the GOAT

"In an absolutely beautiful display of technical striking, Jones raises his leg causing "The Dragon" to think a leg kick is coming his way. Machida had done well and scored points countering the leg kick and was hoping to do so again. Instead, "Bones" put into place the gameplan that Rashad Evans was hoping to do when he faced off against Machida:

Counter the counter.

As the challenger comes forward with his strike, a left straight from Jones barrels its way into Machida's jaw and the former champion nearly faceplants onto the mat. As Jones lifts up his opponent, he throws a knee to the skull as he wraps his arms around "The Dragon's" neck.

Try as he might, the challenger is unable to escape the modified guillotine submission and seconds later, the oxygen supply to his brain is cut off and he passes out. As the referee breaks the hold to end the fight, Machida is unceremoniously dumped onto the canvas by the champion like a sack of potatoes."
https://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/21/...jon-jones-chokes-lyoto-machida-unconscious-at

He was roided. Any idiot knows that. You should know that.

This win has a big asterisk next to it:

This happened exactly seven years ago .. . it is not surprising that Jones went on to become the GOAT

"In an absolutely beautiful display of technical striking, Jones raises his leg causing "The Dragon" to think a leg kick is coming his way. Machida had done well and scored points countering the leg kick and was hoping to do so again. Instead, "Bones" put into place the gameplan that Rashad Evans was hoping to do when he faced off against Machida:
Counter the counter.

As the challenger comes forward with his strike, a left straight from Jones barrels its way into Machida's jaw and the former champion nearly faceplants onto the mat. As Jones lifts up his opponent, he throws a knee to the skull as he wraps his arms around "The Dragon's" neck.

Try as he might, the challenger is unable to escape the modified guillotine submission and seconds later, the oxygen supply to his brain is cut off and he passes out. As the referee breaks the hold to end the fight, Machida is unceremoniously dumped onto the canvas by the champion like a sack of potatoes."
https://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/21/...jon-jones-chokes-lyoto-machida-unconscious-at

Go check on Lyoto get some fans

Lyoto as a short notice injury replacement, off a 1-2 skid, zero relevant wins in the previous two years (the "1" was 793 year old Randy).

Jonny Bones is my favourite fighter to watch, but let's not pretend this was prime A-grade Lyoto.

78NH.gif

I was there. When Jon dropped Lyoto's body and turned around, he looked in my direction and it felt like we made eye contact.

I get sweaty thinking about it today.

I was there. When Jon dropped Lyoto's body and turned around, he looked in my direction and it felt like we made eye contact.

I get sweaty thinking about it today.

bieV6bo.gif

Jon. Jon. Jon. Jon. Jon Jones. Jon Jones. Go check on Loyoto... get some fans.

lol they’ve both failed drug tests but continue with the Sherdog double standards.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH this.
I bash Anderoid and Jones constantly but thats the truth since im a known truth-speaker in this full of biased members forum.

TS fell into this...

Juiced head and classless.

<{hughesimpress}>

What an insane moment.

I actually believed Lyoto had a chance.

Machida was always so overrated. He really took off amongst the pencil necked beta cucks that despise the alpha jock prick bully collegiate wrestle/boxers. The ones that always go nuts over the pathetic TMA guys.

Lyoto as a short notice injury replacement, off a 1-2 skid, zero relevant wins in the previous two years (the "1" was 793 year old Randy).

Jonny Bones is my favourite fighter to watch, but let's not pretend this was prime A-grade Lyoto.
If this isn't the worst example of desperate nitpicking, I don't know what is. Ignoring your future "gems"

Back