Why Do So Many Dislike Amanda Nunes?

PolarBearPaulVarelans

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong; Nunes isn't particularly likable or interesting as a personality. Nor is she sexy like many of the more popular female fighters are.

However, neither is she annoying nor does she say anything stupid. For me, she is a benign personality, arousing no great love but no great hatred, either.

And considering the wide latitude and love given to outright odious WMMA personalities who ARE annoying and DO say many stupid things, like Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate, Joanna J, and Cris Cyborg, it's weird that I have come across many comments stating how much they hate Nunes and hope Cyborg (who I love as a fighter, but whose personality is much worse) destroys her.

Anyone have an explanation?

Didn't know she was disliked. Stop paying attention to the neckbeards here man they hate everybody

I didn’t know she was disliked. I’m not the biggest WMMA fan. But as far as that goes, she’s one of the women I’m more interested to see fight.

You wanna link all these Nunes hate threads? I don't think most people give her much thought at all.

Boring fights against Valentina + i cant understand a word she says, not really dislike, more like meh, if she fights i would watch, but i wont care for any media stuff.

I liked her.

Wasn't a fan of her pulling out of the 2nd Shevchenko fight the day of.

The excuse seemed weak as fuck.

So now I'm kinda 50/50 on her. Looking forward to the Cyborg fight tho

Last edited:
Ok, easy. Now you’re just over doing it.

Nunes fights to kill for the most part
Ronda finishes everyone or gets finished. Always entertaining.
Tate has heart and never die attitude plus Carrie's herself like a true Martial artist should. Plus shes pretty sexy.

Last edited:
Don't like her or dislike her. She's just a boring personality, her fights are fun when she's the hammer. Think she has a better chance against Cyborg than most think as well. These women respect Cyborg way too much. Go at her Amanda, you can knock her out.

I'm impartial. Not too interested in Nunes to be honest. Only interested now for the Cyborg fight

She couldn't make weight for Valentina, and basically decided to not fight with no consequences.

Cyborg is a sweetheart and Miesha can be sexy. They don't deserve to be lumped in with Ronda or JJ.

Amanda is cool though.

I really like her boxing, she has some stopping power for sure.

Because she'd beat us up, I do that right? She is one of the few women I actually like to watch though, not many women have her kind of power.

I can't decide who I hate more, her or Cyborg. A double career ending KO would be the best state of affairs.

Not really a fan of his personality outside the cage but i am a fan of his fighting style.

I like her she reminds me of lady-Vitor.

She’s the young lioness

And he the old lion

Fuck a hater

Back