Last time a towel was thrown into the octagon during a round?

GrantSorenson

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Rener Gracie is getting some heat for not doing it but when was the last time a corner man did this? There was no break for the doctor to look at Ortega so Rener would have had to throw the towel in.

Yeah I cant recall it ever happening.

MMA fighters need better protection from their corner.

Throwing in the towel was a foul up until fairly recently, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I honestly don't remember the last time seeing it

Nick when Nate fought Thomson.

That's a literal towel. Duke Roufus called the fight off recently when Pettis fought Ferguson.

It's pretty rare, Nick did it when Nate fought Thomson but I can't remember any other times. I'm sure it's happened a few times but I can't remember. It also doesn't automatically end the fight though, it's up to the ref.

Nick threw in the towel when Thomson was murdering Nate but that is the last I recall

Nick threw the damn towel. Nate was too tough for his own good. Nick a legit badass had to throw the towel. That's how u know it was bad.

Nick threw in the marijuana sachet. Was hoping Nate would take it to revive himself like popeye. Had Nate consumed it his biceps would have bulged and he would have gone on a mad one.

giphy.gif

from memory wasn't the ref midway through calling the Diaz/Thomson fight off when Nick through in the towel? anyone rewatched that lately?

I recall a boxing match where the towel was thrown in and the referee threw it back out. I know it was said then that in boxing a ref doesn't have to stop it if he feels the fighter can fight on. I expect that might be the same in MMA but I'm not sure. If a corner throws in the towel most any referee would and should respect the corners wishes to end it.

I recall a boxing match where the towel was thrown in and the referee threw it back out. I know it was said then that in boxing a ref doesn't have to stop it if he feels the fighter can fight on. I expect that might be the same in MMA but I'm not sure. If a corner throws in the towel most any referee would and should respect the corners wishes to end it.
graham earl vs michael katsidis might be the fight you’re thinking of. not the only time a ref has done that but an insanely good fight and probably the most recognizable time a ref has refused to stop for a towel throw.

Throwing in the towel was a foul up until fairly recently, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I honestly don't remember the last time seeing it
well, yeah. it's supposed to stop the fight.

experienced boxing trainers will do it regularly, but mma coaches seem to think their guy needs to lose every available brain cell swinging for the fences before the fight is over.

Technically the last corner stoppage during a round in the UFC was Tim Sylvia over Cabbage Correira at UFC 39.

But Diaz's corner threw in the actual towel against Thomson at UFC on Fox 7 in 2013.

Nick threw in for Nate/Thompson. But, it’s a foul.

Rener didn't have a towel because Yamasaki stole it before the match and replaced it with a note that says "if he dies he dies".

They say Yamasaki found both combatants backstage and tried to make them restart the fight.

Guys a maniac.

False you must be only 5 or 6 years old. Rocky 4 and ken shamrock fujita involved towel throws

well, yeah. it's supposed to stop the fight.

experienced boxing trainers will do it regularly, but mma coaches seem to think their guy needs to lose every available brain cell swinging for the fences before the fight is over.
And in this case they were cool with their fighter absorbing damn near a career's worth of strikes in a single round. It's really absurd.

I don’t know the last, but I know the greatest timed towel throw

c3cb1a5a43be36adc5ed8761e8510a70.gif

Back