Listening to Mir's podcast-his brain been scrambled a lot

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Probably the p4p most articulate fighter ever especially if you were a wec fan and remember his truly great commentary from those events. All throughout his career he has held himself with grace and dignity and always spoke with extreme and measured articulation. Man its so sad listening to him now, he is slurring his speech quite a bit and does not sound like the same guy. I think all those bad kos have finally caught up to him. I am a big fan of his and I hope he hangs the gloves up for good. Its only going to get worse for him.

<Fedor23>

Fedor took his soul he's just a husk now

Mir always came to fight and he lost a few fights he probably could have won had it not been for poor fight IQ. It doesn't surprise me that his speech is affected from fighting. In 12 losses he's been knocked out 9 times. Not good.

He was fine last year.

It's just that Fedor effect lol

Not surprising after Lesnar and Carwin bashing his head in. 2 of the biggest fists in the game went to town on his noggin. Carwin could have killed him

Haven't paid much attention recently but I did notice he seems to pause mid-sentence to find the right word more and more. We all do that but as you said, Mir was one of the more articulate fighters so maybe that's why it was so noticable.

Mir speaks well, but it always amazes me when people say he's a great analyst. He definitely isn't even remotely as good as Cruz. Mir has been often completely off as an analyst. Says a lot that he thought bulking up in size, while overlooking wrestling techniques, would neutralize the advantage wrestlers, like brock or carwin, had against him. We saw how Carwin controlled in the clinch. Mir is lucky he didn't face brock for the third time.

He was in a bad place pre Fedor fight and Mir talked so much shit on Fedor over the past 15+ years I'd imagine his ego was destroyed after losing to ghost of Fedor emelianenko.

Also his brains have been mashed apart by Shane Carwin and another 10 guys who loves strawberries

It's insane that he and Barnett are still in the game. Barnett still sounds none worse for the wear after 20 yrs of fighting

He was in a bad place pre Fedor fight and Mir talked so much shit on Fedor over the past 15+ years. I'd imagine his ego was destroyed after losing to ghost of Fedor emelianenko.

Also his brains have been mashed apart by Shane Carwin and another 10 guys who loves strawberries
Losing to Fedor is nothing to be ashamed of it just makes him like everyone else

He was a husk when he fought Fedor. Shane Carwin took his soul.

Lets back go even further

mir+face.jpg

Mir speaks well, but it always amazes me when people say he's a great analyst. He definitely isn't even remotely as good as Cruz. Mir has been often completely off as an analyst. Says a lot that he thought bulking up in size, while overlooking wrestling techniques, would neutralize the advantage wrestlers, like brock or carwin, had against him. We saw how Carwin controlled in the clinch. Mir is lucky he didn't face brock for the third time.

yeah, i never really understood why people thought he was good at commentating. he used lots of $20 words and liked to ramble on like talking longer = more knowledgeable commentary but it's really not.

he always is extremely biased and i cannot take anyone like him seriously when he said he thinks Tyson Fury is a shittier boxer than Anthony Joshua and he would have an easier time beating Fury than Joshua. no just no.

you can't even be honest with your own abilities, how am i supposed to believe he's not completely delusional about someone else's?

not to mention being in the fight business as long as he has and not having the ability to recognize that Tyson Fury's boxing acumen is levels above Joshua's, is ridiculous.

Hmmm....doesnt sound bad in this interview after KO loss to Fedor

Back