I'm not surprised motherf******. Max reminded people...

Bobbybackpack

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
that there are levels to this shit. Although I'll admit that I didn't expect it to be this one sided.

Having this, I'm going to make my next prediction. Whittaker is going to do the same with Kelvin Gastelum. I don't see many keys to victory for Kelvin besides if Whittaker's chin has been compromised from his fight with Romero. The same way I didn't see Ortega winning unless Max had a bad weight cut.

Kelvin even lost humiliatingly to Whittaker on the TUF coaches challenge when they did a 5k run. Could this also show a big cardio descrepany? Whittaker by KO/TKO within 3 rounds.

I'd say most people would agree with that statement, Kelvin's only way to win this fight is via KO/TKO, and I'm not even particularly impressed by Whittaker

I agree, Whittaker should be the favorite and will be in Vegas. But, Kelvin is deceptively proficient in boxing and may be a tougher out than you think. He has a great chin, good cardio, good hand speed. It will not be an easy fight for Whittaker.

Whittaker is the favorite, but he won't be destroying Gastelum the way Max did to Ortega.

Ortega had one moment in the beggining of the third, when he was pressuring, keeping it close and landing.
Other than that he took a savage beating because Max just won't stop. Whittaker is not the same type of fighter.

Favorite Hooker will finish Barboza though.

If gadteglum becomes champ then literally anything is possible, which is kind of cool although also sad

What Max did to Ortega was nasty as hell. The kind of ass-whipping Ortega took changes people, and not just physically.

And yes, Whittaker.
While not saying that Whittaker won against Romero in their second outing (it was a draw IMO), Whittaker inflicted a lot of damage in the first 3 rounds, and he did it with a broken hand. If Whittaker is healthy and avoids injury he should take this quite comfortably - he tends to stay out of boxing range, and I think he'll have worked a lot on boxing defense when he faces Gastelum.

Back