Media Lightning quick short punch by Dan Hooker

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Y7kOnuH.gif

That counter punch looked fast even in slow mo, reminds me of a jab turned into a straight right, and moving backwards with his torso and head too, dang.

I'm excited for his fight with Barboza, stepping into the top 10, and top 5 for that matter, it'll be interesting to see where he belongs.

That was beautiful, indeed. Straight down the pipe with zero wind up, sharp as hell. He got some weight and snap in that too, mainly because of his stance I think.

I’m expecting a total kickboxing war! They’ve been matching Barboza with wrestlers, but now we get a true ”fan friendly” barn burner of a stand up fight!

I've made too many jokes with Hooker's name, but there is nothing to say about that face shot.

Hooker made his legs quiver.

Y7kOnuH.gif

That counter punch looked fast even in slow mo, reminds me of a jab turned into a straight right, and moving backwards with his torso and head too, dang.

I'm excited for his fight with Barboza, stepping into the top 10, and top 5 for that matter, it'll be interesting to see where he belongs.

Just a reminder - this guy prepares Hooker for Barboza:
PBCAFYTVJZCKTFRSGQBUPIONUY.jpg

Yup, that was a beautiful counter.

I think he beats Barboza with his hands. Barboza has struggled with good boxing in the past.

Hooker reminds me of a prostitute.
Is that the best you got for a Dan Hooker joke? Not only that I bet my life you would never say it to his face as he would quickly melt yours with a hook or 2 I'd imagine.

Y7kOnuH.gif

That's a great punch, he timed his opponent stepping in beautifully showing excellent knowledge of punch selection.

Not to be a dick though but as an orthodox fighter that is simply a lead straight right and not a jab turned into a straight right. An orthodox fighter jabs with the left ( forward) hand and anything thrown from the right ( be it a straight, cross or uppercut) is a lead from the power hand. Lol, sorry but as GI Joe always said "knowing is half the battle".

Just a reminder - this guy prepares Hooker for Barboza:
PBCAFYTVJZCKTFRSGQBUPIONUY.jpg
They train together and are both absolute striking beasts. I can't wait for both of their fights.....is Hooker fighting Barboza on same card as Israel's fight with Silva?

Is that the best you got for a Dan Hooker joke? Not only that I bet my life you would never say it to his face as he would quickly melt yours with a hook or 2 I'd imagine.

Nah, he seems like a cool guy that won't assault an idiot from the crowd.

They train together and are both absolute striking beasts. I can't wait for both of their fights.....is Hooker fighting Barboza on same card as Israel's fight with Silva?

Nope, Hooker fights this Saturday and Adesanya in February

I remember that time Hooker fought a Heavyweight and beat his ass.

Nuh nuh, imagine it in the center of the octagon than bruv. No man is safe in the imaginary world of a man's mind

Nope, Hooker fights this Saturday and Adesanya in February
Bah, I thought they was fighting both in Feb. Good luck to Danny tho. Barboza is NOT a easy fight for any striker

Your right about this however. I've seen plenty of Dan Hooker hanging about on YouTube and he does seem like quite the gentlemen like most of not all Aussie's & or New Zealeander's are imo

Last edited:
Bah, I thought they was fighting both in Feb. Good luck to Danny tho. Barboza is NOT a easy fight for any striker

Adesanya said that while sparring with Hooker and imitating Barboza he had to "go down a couple of levels" :)

Plus, speed of Hooker's fists can definitely be a key to victory. Remember what Michael Johnson did to Barboza?

Calm down tough guy. Dont you got some people you need to hack down with a machete or 2?

I wasnt even talking about Dan Hooker. I said hooker reminds me of a prostitute. Now buzz off tough guy.

Adesanya said that while sparring with Hooker and imitating Barboza he had to "go down a couple of levels" :)

Plus, speed of Hooker's fists can definitely be a key to victory. Remember what Michael Johnson did to Barboza?
True, so your goin Hooker in this fight bruv? I'd definitely want to say he wins this fight yet is he good enough to stand with the likes of a killr like Barboza? Id say yes, and so would you I assume yeh? Ima go Hooker by Decision

Back