Media Conor's Coach: Was it really the threat of the TD, or does Khabib just have faster hands?

flyingoctoplata

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is what coach K said about the big punch in an interview yesterday (He's afraid Conor will face huge risks with his health coming back):

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/...ts-again-warns-his-coach-khabib-nurmagomedov/

“Khabib hit him with a punch in that fight that he has never been hit with in his career. And even Superman slows down at some stage.”

Conor is only 30 (and so is Khabib) so declining reflexes should not yet be an issue.
Khabib is just that good.

Look at the speed of that punch. Conor didn't even come close to reacting.

giphy.gif

Here is another point in the fight where Khabib actually countered lefted Conor he was so much faster.

TameImpossibleGrayling-max-1mb.gif

Conor getting staggered

DrearyCheeryDog-max-1mb.gif

Conor getting bitchsmacked

kKDYWmk.gif

Last edited:
One man came in fighting for a belt. Another came in fighting for blood.

I'm not sure this is necessarily McGregor declining but rather Khabib rising to the occasion and demonstrating significantly improved striking. The quality of training partners and coaching at AKA should not be underestimated.

I have been saying for the past while, his heart is not in it.

He's made his money.

It takes a special fighter, to get rich and continue.

Floyd picked fights, but he cared for legacy and it was the only way he can make huge bucks.

Conor doesn't need to fight. Not with his whiskey.

Khabib is more fast twitch. I think conor underestimated his striking also.

Maybe Khabib is just the better fighter....

Every striker slows down after he's kept down or on the fence, that's the point of it for the most part.

People talk shit about Khabib's striking but it's clearly improved over time, you can tell from the Conor and the Iaquinta fight that maybe his technique isn't perfect but his hands are pretty damn fast. He landed some pretty nice fast body shots on Conor in the third round two.

He's clearly a better striker than Kevin Lee for example, but a lot of people won't think that because of his unorthodox boxing style compared to Lee's more traditional style.

I don't know if he's faster than Conor when they are both fresh but Khabib doesn't slow down in the striking from grappling much if at all and his speed has been highly underrated for a while.

His lead left hook, overhand right, eagle punch and jab are pretty damn quick.

Conor has never been know for his speed. He’ll didnt he say timing beats speed in the Jose Aldo fight?

He does have power and great timing, so I’m not trashing him.

Conor is done. Even in the on paper favourable match up against piorier he's getting smoked. Other fighters smell blood now.

Conor is done. Even in the on paper favourable match up against piorier he's getting smoked. Other fighters smell blood now.
Why do you think McGregor will lose a rematch with Dustin?

Back