Can we all agree that Michaelv Paige is a better version of Adesanya?

cristheroman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's such a shame bellator doesn't let Venom Paige fight in the UFC. The dude makes prime anderson look like nothing special.

As an MVP fan, I'll have to strongly disagree with this one.

Adesanya is more proven against better competition. Adesanya has proven he can deal with pressure fighters, whereas Paige in the past has struggled in those areas (as with most fighters with a Point Karate background).

Plus, Page has the same weakness that Anderson always had, which is that he doesn't generate very many pure offensive attacks. Instead, he relies on his opponents reactions and missteps to apply his offense, or uses that to counter. But when presented with a solid defensive fighter that doesn't give him any openings, he has a hard time. Watch the Fernando Gonzales fight, you'll see what I'm talking about. Adesanya is able to set up his attacks brilliantly from an offensive standpoint, and force his opponents to create openings which he can later exploit, along with being an incredible defensive striker as well.

The only edge I'd give MVP is his distance control and speed (ever so slightly). Besides that, I'd say Adesanya's a better overall striker and fighter than MVP.

That being said, I'd love to see this match up. I really enjoy MVP's flash and his moxy that he combines with his Karate style. It can be very frustrating for opponents as well as being entertaining to see. While I would like to see him eventually make his way to the UFC, there's enough good competition in BellatorFCs WW division to see where he stands for now.

Last edited:
Fck no.

He's a better cans crusher.

Let's talk about this if he beat what's left of Daley.

I'll always value the guy who did it against higher level competition, unless the eye test conclusively illustrates otherwise, which it doesn't in this case.

i actually think adesanya got better TDD, michael page got better movement but i really think his ground game will be worse.

It's fucking PAGE get his name right ffs.
The thread is a joke though so spell it any way you like.
Adesanya is younger than MVP and has a better record.

One fights in the UFC while the other fights in Bellator beating up cans and bums that are tailor made to stand no chance against him.

Last edited:
I nearly had an aneurysm reading the op

His best opponent was a journeyman in Fernando Gonzalez and he won by split decision. Israel is far more proven at this point. Bellator cuddled him for far too long.

I love when I see "can we all agree that" threads on Sherdog. Never in its history has everyone agreed on anything.

Back