Handing over the torch....

Zabit 145 Goat

Who iz nyext?
Banned
Reaction score
If Israel Adesanya beats Anderson Silva its gonna be heart breaking. Watching arguably the Goat and one of my favorite fighters of all time lose and hand over the torch will be painful..

What other times in MMA history do you recall where a legend handed over the torch to a young, exciting prospect that you will never live down?

Silva is washed up and has been beaten several times over the past few years.

His torch went out long ago and has nothing to pass.

josh-x-erick-ufc_getty.jpg

If Israel Adesanya beats Anderson Silva its gonna be heart breaking. Watching arguably the Goat and one of my favorite fighters of all time lose and hand over the torch will be painful..

What other times in MMA history do you recall where a legend handed over the torch to a young, exciting prospect that you will never live down?

Hughes-GSP
Nogueira-Velasquez
Mirko-JDS
Penn-Edgar
Randy-Chuck

Silva passed the torch to bisping lol.

In addition, I'd like to point that this is so rare that torches are passed properly in MMA. So much chaos and controversy.

GSP has his torch in the closet, Anderson's wasn't passed to Weidman, Fedor's fell in Stary Oskol gym, Ronda hid hers under the pillow....Jones uses his to melt the doze....

He already passed the torch 5 years ago.... July 2013.

It needs to be said that 42 year old Anderson Silva styled on KO Machine Derek Brunson. I wouldn't be too surprised if he beat Israel

It needs to be said that 42 year old Anderson Silva styled on KO Machine Derek Brunson. I wouldn't be too surprised if he beat Israel

If by styled on you mean outstruck and outgrappled getting a gift decision win you are right

Back