Barboza is the underdog against Hooker...

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score
56464684.JPG

Why?
to me, this's Max vs Ortega again
The guy was ranked #3, 1 fight away from a title shot
he lost to the best 2 grapplers and top 3 guys in Khabib & Lee
this's the same Barboza who gave Ferguson one of his toughest fights
defeating old Pearson and Jim Miller doesn't make you better than #5 Barboza
that Hooker guy was getting schooled by some Diakiese till he got the luckiest guillotine ever

Last edited:
Why your post looks like Ponzi scheme?

Dear God, my eyes hurt.

View attachment 485887

Why?
to me, this's Max vs Ortega again
The guy was ranked #3, 1 fight away from a title shot
he lost to the best 2 grapplers and top 3 guys in Khabib & Lee
this's the same Barboza who gave Ferguson one of his toughest fights
defeating old Pearson and Jim Miller doesn't make you better than #5 Barboza
that Hooker guy was getting schooled by some Diakiese till he got the luckiest guillotine ever

Because... have you seen Hooker lately?

Also Barboza’s wars are adding up

then bet on it instead of complaining about it

Barboza has lost to low-level competition before and has looked really shitty in his most recent fights, including the ones he won. The only reason I can think of for him not being the underdog is sympathy for a weathered veteran.

Hooker is overrated period. Ppl were going crazy about his last KO while he was getting hit clean all day before the kd.
He is a solid fighter but far from the next top-guy some ppl make him out.

But based on the last performances of both Barboza and Hooker I'm not suprised with Barboza being underdog.

Ngannou, Till.... Hooker.

Sherdog never learns and only remembers the last fight. Easy money on Barboza.

Barboza has lost to low-level competition before and has looked really shitty in his most recent fights, including the ones he won. The only reason I can think of for him not being the underdog is sympathy for a weathered veteran.
this's sad
ppl are turning away from Edson like that
<mma1>

Low level as in... Cerrone? Nah.

Johnson in 2015? Johnson beat Tony Ferguson before that fight and KTFO’d Poirier a couple fights after. He wasn’t low level even if he never was clearly elite level.

As for looking ”really shitty”, well, now it’s clear you are just hating.

926w.gif

It’s going to be a great fight and I don’t care who wins. The fans win anyway!

barboza is flashy but his fundamentals are shitty. His movement is primitive and his boxing is really bad bad bad. If hooker comes in with good pressure fighting, barboza is finished.

I feel a hooker can beat most manlets

If Barboza can get off early he should be able to unload shots on Hooker all night.

Those are fairly close odds, which I agree with. Fight is a toss up.

Hooker has been doing well recently and Barboza is coming off of getting mauled by Khabib and nearly beaten to death by Lee. Also, he didn't look great against Dariush IIRC until the (admittedly phenomenal) finish. I think it's understandable why the odds are close.

Ngannou, Till.... Hooker.

Sherdog never learns and only remembers the last fight. Easy money on Barboza.

Never learn what. That fighters lose sometimes ?

2 of the guys that you named fought for a TS.

He should be the underdog. Guy doesn't have hands (got speed, tho), he only likes to kick, backpedals the whole fight and avoids any kind of exchanges. On the ground he is horrible. I don't know if he is that bad, but he is fighting in panic mode all the time.
I can't say Hooker is some bad match-up for him, he won't be able to wrestle him like Lee or Khabib, he does not have the speed or the urgency to push the pace too. So he could find himself in a fight where he narrowly loses every round... Enterely possible. But on the base of who is doing well and who not Hooker should be the favourite, these beatings that Edson took were so bad...

Back