Hakeem Dawodu - Thoughts about the fight and what’s next

Spath

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Any thoughts about Dawodu vs Bochniak?

I liked how Dawodu threw almost everything with clean technique and went to the body a lot. He didn’t have too much success with the left hook to the body, but I think there’s many reasons for everything that did and didn’t happen there.

Bochniak is tough and kept moving a lot, didn’t give Dawodu a stationary target and got some takedowns too. That was pretty much it, he was outclassed pretty clearly and couldn’t really threaten Dawodu with anything.

What’s next? And how about that one judge who scored it 29-28 for Bochniak?

<{cruzshake}>

Found that fight rather boring after Jimi and Thiago had me on the edge of my seat.
We got deep into weed being legal now in Canada chat during that fight. Way more effective use of 15 minutes

Zabit > both

I liked how Dawodu threw almost everything with clean technique and went to the body a lot. He didn’t have too much success with the left hook to the body, but I think there’s many reasons for everything that did and didn’t happen there.

Bochniak is tough and kept moving a lot, didn’t give Dawodu a stationary target and got some takedowns too. That was pretty much it, he was outclassed pretty clearly and couldn’t really threaten Dawodu with anything.

<{cruzshake}>
Guy has clean technique but doesn’t really seem like he’s ever going for the finish. I dunno, I guess we have to see more of him. And yeah, that judge was fucked

Guy has clean technique but doesn’t really seem like he’s ever going for the finish. I dunno, I guess we have to see more of him. And yeah, that judge was fucked
Is it possible that judge feel asleep?

There's not much of anything to say. The guy who finished him in his debut Danny Henry is a much more interesting fighter to talk about.

Boring as fuck

Would rather watch that old Russian zabot guy

He would do nothing in UFC.

I am more about what Danny Henry will do next

<{cruzshake}>
I rested my eyes during this fight which I thought was going to be madness. Shame.

giphy.gif

Whatever he does next he needs to scrap the mean mug its so annoying

Man Hakeem looked so awkward in the weigh ins

>No Power

>No Ground Game

>One Dimensional

The only reason the UFC is getting behind this guy is because of the lacking talent in Canadian MMA at the moment. Dudes not impressive whatsoever.

<{gspressed}>

All the guys in the top 25 of the division will fuck him up bad. Have to evolve his game fast if he wants to hang in the UFC. They are not going to feed him Bochniaks and Arnetts the whole time he is here... I hope :D

Back