The women's bantamweight division has less than 20 active fighters

TITS

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
UFC's first (and at one point only) WMMA division seems to be dwindling away with all these broads moving down to flyweight. The flyweight division is trash though, and the featherweight division is practically non-existent, so really the strawweight division is the only one with any real momentum right now. It almost seems like women's BW is wide open for some of these fatties to move up and take that strap.

http://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/bantamweight/

Future Women's BW GOAT:

maxresdefault.jpg

No worries, Sijara GOAT has moved up to save the division.

Hey @Better Every Day I see you're online now, hot boy. Care to weigh in on this debacle?
Aspen Ladd is a great reason to be excited about the future of the UFC women's bantamweight division. She's young, only 23 years old, undefeated (7-0, every win a finish except for one), won a Perfomance Of The Night award at UFC 229, and has savage ground-and-pound violence.
aspen-ladd-tonya-evinger-ufc-229.jpg

~

And I'd give my vote for the best WMMA fight (in any division) of 2018 to the Fight Of The Night award winning women's bantamweight bout between Irene Aldana and Lucie Pudilova at UFC 228.
012_Irene_Aldana_x_Lucie_Pudilova.jpg

This was Aldana's 2nd UFC FOTN award.

Last edited:
WMMA will lose a lot of popularity in coming years.
There's reason for that. WMMA is going same route like woman tennis. I've wrote about it long time ago.
You can already see tendency where jacked af females winning vs more feminine oponnents. Same happened in tennis.
Females were superpopular once they were more technical, agile, unpredictable.
Once superterminators like Serena Williams joined, game changed. More simple tennis with more power, lesst technique and finnese.
Compare ratings.
Only Namajunas is kinda oldschool type of fighter, but tbh she won't be favourite vs Andrade. If Andrade gonna finish Rose, it will begun new era just like in tennis.
People will watch and will lose interest, because everyone will be jacked af at some point and it will be just more sloppy version of male's mma just with a lot of shemales.

WBW is horrible and said it in another topics, but people argued that this division is so fine...Not really. Bethe Correia is still top 15 fighter. more than 3 years after beating she took from Ronda, and more than 1 year after hilarious KO from Holm. Never fought since Holly.
Aspen Ladd can't even make weight without big problems s 23 years old.

Back