Max getting chinny?

Aforo88

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Havnt seen this being discussed by sherdoggers, but what in the hell has happened to Holloways chin?
The couple of times Ortega lands clean hard punches on Max, the effect was devestating and frankly just a sad sight to watch. Max getting hurt by Ortega is OK cuz he hits very hard, but Maxs recovery time was waaaay to long. After absorbing the shots Max fought 4 minutes with the looks of a fatigued fighter. Going from 100% fresh then looking fatigued for 4 minutes after absorbing 3 hard strikes to the head is a huge warning sign!
What do you guys think?

Jesus Christ this Max CTE angle is getting played out.

Ortega hits like a truck and Max looked like Dynamite the whole fight.

I think Holloway dominated that fight from start to finish. Getting a little bit wobbled is totally normal and he recovered well.

It’s a fucking fight. Ppl get cracked with power constantly.

The shit I see here is very idiotic at times.

The was never a point in that fight that Max looked significantly impacted by strikes. He looked stunned once and Joe Rogan couldn't let it go for the rest of the round, even while Max was pouring on the punishment.

For us it is impossible to see how a punch lands. Ortega hits HARD and hitting the exact right spot will wobble most fighters. Has not much to do with Max getting chinny.

I think Ortega having the best chin and heart ever kinda made you come to this conclusion. Fair enough.

Max is still Max imo.

<Fedor23>

Devestating and a sad sight to watch?

Ortega got the shit beaten out of him for 20 straight minutes, he quit the fight ffs and you feel sorry for max?

The was never a point in that fight that Max looked significantly impacted by strikes. He looked stunned once and Joe Rogan couldn't let it go for the rest of the round, even while Max was pouring on the punishment.

Idk man I did see Max wobbling around

D8oleZy.png

Fuck you're right, rewatched the fight, he got hurt bad near the end of the 1st.

Ortega may not be top level striker, but he had the power to 1 shot kill edgar basically. Shouldn't be surprising he could sting a guy a few times who comes forward like max does.

Havnt seen this being discussed by sherdoggers, but what in the hell has happened to Holloways chin?
The couple of times Ortega lands clean hard punches on Max, the effect was devestating and frankly just a sad sight to watch. Max getting hurt by Ortega is OK cuz he hits very hard, but Maxs recovery time was waaaay to long. After absorbing the shots Max fought 4 minutes with the looks of a fatigued fighter. Going from 100% fresh then looking fatigued for 4 minutes after absorbing 3 hard strikes to the head is a huge warning sign!
What do you guys think?
I did notice that too I think it was in the 3rd when Brian hurt him and all of a sudden max had this odd look in his face.

Almost every holloway ortega thread I've checked discussed max's chin's longevity if he continues to absorb big strikes.

But he wasn't "chinny" in this fight. Quite the opposite. He was hit over 100 times and only really wobbled once significantly and 2 times total. And Ortega was landing a lot of clean HARD shots.

Max's defense is pretty damn good. He was only tagged for like 20-30% of ortega's shots. So I think what happened here is more that max would throw a combo and land cleanly but ortega's chin was so damn good he could eat 2, 3, 4 shots and then counter hard. If a guy just doesn't go down when you land 300 significant strikes on him you are going to get hit some.

I think he should be more conservative going forward because if he takes less chances he can still win all of these fights with superior technique. It will extend his career. It just won't be as exciting for the fans to watch.

Watch without Rogan's commentary. At no point did Ortega rock Max or have him in trouble.

Jesus. Every time a fighter doesn't take a shot like Chris Leben you're all questioning if he's done.

Most of you need to get punched in the head at least once. Then decide if how you feel is a symptom of you becoming chinny/having cte or if it's just because that's what the fucking point of punching someone in the head is.

Nobody would aim for the head of it didn't have this effect.

Back