News Ortega landed more takedowns in the Max fight than in any of his other UFC fights

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/def8166ff24bd237
Ortega has also been outstruck in every ufc fight except against thiago tavares and the difference was only 2 strikes but Ortega didn't follow the game plan right guys, "he should have shot for more takedowns like his other fights" and "he shouldn't have done so much striking".
Essentially Brain Ortega should have morphed into someone else.
Ortega did his best and fought the exact same way he always has you were just blinded by ignorance.
upload_2018-12-10_17-20-28.jpeg

Brian's striking differential before the Max fight was awful and guess what it still is.
Dtvgf4cWwAE7XJW.jpg

Am I missing something here? How many takedowns did Ortega get last night?

2, his best before this fight was 1

I thought he had one, where he kinda almost got max’s Back.

That’s fucking amazing lmao.

Ortega doesn’t win rounds and he doesn’t get takedowns. But look at him go. Love it

I thought he had one, where he kinda almost got max’s Back.

That’s fucking amazing lmao.

Ortega doesn’t win rounds and he doesn’t get takedowns. But look at him go. Love it
basically he absorbs damage, lands big punches, makes them quit and then submits/tko's them once they fall. He has done this every UFC fight and last night was the first time it didn't work.

I reckon Max's biggest challenge right now will be against a high level calibre wrestler, someone like a Khabib, an Edgar etc.
Maybe because he hasn't faced that level of wrestler yet and Ortega did manage to wrap his hands when around Max's leg when shooting the double while he was hurt.

But still Max has shown great takedown defense but it just hasnt been tested against that kind of wrestler yet

basically he absorbs damage, lands big punches, makes them quit and then submits/tko's them once they fall. He has done this every UFC fight and last night was the first time it didn't work.

Yeah I know. I’ve seen him fight a few times. ;)

Still. Badass. Didn’t know he landed that little takedowns.

Exactly TS, I guess Ortega fans wanted to see Woodley vs Maia 2.0, desperation takedown after desperation takedown. Ortega fought his game.

I keep saying it, but this is why Ortega is going to have a very rough career: he gets out struck by everyone due to his terrible stand up defense, and he has a very weak wrestling game. He'll win fights with his big power and slick JJ, but he's gonna keep getting lumped up against top guys.

Back