Are refs ever going to do Point Deductions?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I was just thinking,

Last event, the first fight of the night I saw Devin Clark throw 5 illegal knees to Rakic’s face and the ref didn’t know it was illegal.

And then Cowboy Oliveira was grabbing the fence multiple times to stop a TD and also multiple elbows to the back of the head.

I also remember the event before this Joe Benavidez threw a series of back of the head shots.

I can’t remember the last time I saw someone get a point deducted.

I was just thinking,

Last event, the first fight of the night I saw Devin Clark throw 5 illegal knees to Rakic’s face and the ref didn’t know it was illegal.

And then Cowboy Oliveira was grabbing the fence multiple times to stop a TD and also multiple elbows to the back of the head.

I also remember the event before this Joe Benavidez threw a series of back of the head shots.

The competence of these referees and their objective judgement should be the factor.
Seems that they have none. Just like commissions they work for.

Tito vs Rashad was the last time I remember a point being taken for a fence grab lmao.

Tito vs Rashad was the last time I remember a point being taken for a fence grab lmao.

Last one I remembered was Brock Lesnar against Frank Mir maybe 10 years ago for back of the head punches

Gerard Gordeau - Teila Tuli comes to mind... wait... that was an early stoppage.

No.

It has never happened.

the last point deduction i even remember is caceres losing two points which lost him the fight.

I can't remember the fight, but I know I've seen it happen at least once.

However, it should be far, far more common. Any major foul should be 1 point deduction for the first offense. A significant eye poke, groin shot, shot to the back of the head (GSP-Serra) can change the outcome of a fight.

Referees are too scared to do it though.

Lando getting a point deducted for the knee he threw against Bobby Green (which didn't hit his head in slow mo) is the latest one I can remember.

They should just count the fucking fouls and deduct points once the round is over.

That will set some shit straight.

Fuck up its a point. That simple

Refs are too afraid to influence the outcome. Point deductions can be very significant especially given how few rounds there are in MMA. It would lead to a lot more draws.

The worst is when a ref issues multiple warnings for the same foul and does shit about it.

Ufc refs have become like pro-wrestling refs. Completely useless and enforce nothing.

Guys could start slamming each other with folding chairs and no points would be deducted these days.

Werdum grabbed the cage 7 times vs Hunt.

I was the only person in the world to notice it seems.

These weren't instinctual grabs like Aldo Mendes but clear and drliberate.

Cowboy Olivera should have been deducted a point.
Referee fail. Sad thing is he even caught him and then blew it.

the last point deduction i even remember is caceres losing two points which lost him the fight.

Nothing to do with the topic, but the guys in your av, how do you know two Jareds from Subway?! I am perplexed..

Kharitonov was deducted a point after he threw a couple of weak knees, one of which could be legal, and Roy flopped

that's the most recent one i can think of,

BJM said since it was a "damaging blow with intent" and that dan miragliotta should have deducted 2 points,

now that would be some #1 bullshit

I was just thinking,

they using the new rules on sat. so the down knee thing is different.

I think that Asian twink Ulka Sasaki got deducted a point for timidity not too long ago.

I was just thinking,

Khabib vs Arymarcel Santos situation:

Santos shot for the TD, almost got it, but Khabib used the ropes = 1 point deducted

@ 1mn30:

Back