Did Anders get robbed against Elias?

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I really thought Anders won that fight decisively. Theodoreau did fuck all, gassed, and got dropped and rocked multiple times. Anders also had him pressured the whole fight. I was shocked by that decision.

Nah he didnt. Elias have like 45 bispings in his hands so he couldnt hurt Anders but he throwed more volume.

I like Anders cause I'm a fan of Alabama football but he didn't do enough in the 1st n 3rd rds to win by points. I think the 2nd shoulda been 10-8 so a draw imo.

As far as who looked like the actual fighter who wanted to finish the fight, it was him for sure but his volume not good enough. He chases too much instead of cutting ppl off which is making him gas.

This loss ruined the rest of my night but at least the main event was entertaining.

No robbery either way. Just a close fight. Why is everyone obsessed with claiming/asking about fights being robberies after close decisions?

Nah, it was too close to call a robbery. Even though Elias is incredibly painful to watch, he always seems to find a way to squeak out these wins. He ever so slightly out-hustled Anders.

I like Anders cause I'm a fan of Alabama football but he didn't do enough in the 1st n 3rd rds to win by points. I think the 2nd shoulda been 10-8 so a draw imo.

As far as who looked like the actual fighter who wanted to finish the fight, it was him for sure but his volume not good enough. He chases too much instead of cutting ppl off which is making him gas.

This loss ruined the rest of my night but at least the main event was entertaining.
Fair enough. Youre right he never cut off Elias at any point. Just circled with him all three rounds.

Yeah it was boring as fuck.

That pretty much describes every fight Elias is in. lol

He's actually a fairly likeable character from the interviews I have seen with him, but man watching him fight is like watching paint dry.

Winning 1 round out of 3 typically doesn't cut it with unified scoring.

Age old debate.
That's judging criteria I'm afraid, landed pillow punches still count.

Yes he did.

There is nothing Spartan about how Theodoreau fights. He fights like an spaz and punches with the power of 12 year old girl.

I don't know about Anders, but the Fans get robbed every time Elias fights..

Nah, Elias won the 1st and 3rd

His fight IQ cost him the fight

Anders won a fight. Elias won a points battle which is too often what the UFC has become anymore. The 10 pt system sucks and always will for MMA but I can't blame the fighters for it. Elias is obviously aware of the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back