Is this the greateast chin moment in MMA history ?

Tabarnakos

Ghoul Belt
@Black
Reaction score
WFGl8e6.gif

Was having an MMA discussion with some of my colleagues at our xmas party last and we started to talk about great chins. We pretty much all came to the conclusion that Prime Cro Cop LHK on Hunt is very hard to topple when it come to "chin moments"

So today i ask you sherdog : Do you think this is the greatest chin moment on MMA history ? If not then what is your pick ? To me this is very hard to topple. There has been some great chin moments but this...this is just insane lolé I don,t see anything coming close to this

144big0.jpg

This is up there

That's pretty crazy too

Difference is that Hunt barely flinched and continued like nothing happened. Here Big Country clearly got rocked but clearly still very impressive that he didn't get KOed. That was a nasty flush right hand

That's pretty crazy too

Difference is that Hunt barely flinched and continued like nothing happened. Here Big Country clearly got rocked but clearly still very impressive that he didn't get KOed. That was a nasty flush right hand

Nelson was throwing his entire energy into a wild left hook and Lewis connected flush on his chin. That's the definition of how guys get knocked out cold yet Nelson took it like a champ.

Props to Hunt and Big Country, but the greatest chin moment in MMA history will always be, at least for me, Gary Goodridge/Yatsu

FearfulInconsequentialAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

At least with guys like Hunt and Big Country, they are skilled fighters who kinda know how to roll with shots and protect themselves.

Yatsu had no idea how to do anything and was eating flush punches from Gary Goodridge, who as we know was flatlining guys even with boxing gloves in K1. How he ate those bombs and stayed upright I'll never know. Best chin in MMA history.

tim sylvia v cabbage was the craziest

you had a giant heavyweight just tagging cabbage at will and couldn't buckle him. Corner eventually through in the towel

I think its Hunt vs Cro cop but from a different fight. the fight between Mirko and Hunt in k-1 when Mirko landed maybe the most flush LHK I've ever seen right on Hunt's jaw and dropped him, it was pure shin and no shoes. Hunt got up a few seconds later and finished the fight. Anyone else would have been flatlined by that thing, it was even more clean that the Igor KO.

I was ready to correct you if you posted anything else ts. Well done.

Mark Hunt vs Nishijima is also a really good display of chin.

Especially since Nishijima was a MW.

I think its Hunt vs Cro cop but from a different fight. the fight between Mirko and Hunt in k-1 when Mirko landed maybe the most flush LHK I've ever seen right on Hunt's jaw and dropped him, it was pure shin and no shoes. Hunt got up a few seconds later and finished the fight. Anyone else would have been flatlined by that thing, it was even more clean that the Igor KO.
53166_o.gif

Agreed.

i guess you and your colleagues never heard of roy nelson

That's pretty crazy too

He was actually surprisingly little rocked and started throwing uppercut in the clinch almost immediately after

Miocic eating a few bombs from Ngannou....

Ngannou also ate 3 or 4 back..

Back