Goes to show how great Aldo was in his prime

Bazooka1**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aldo made max look slow and predictable in the first two rds of BOTH of their fights but unfortunately for Aldo he can’t stay sharp for 5 rds anymore and once he gassed his defensive skills disappear.

But man Aldo was lighting max up nicely in those two fights.

You were one of the salty Holloway haters before the fight so I'm not surprised you made a thread like this afterwards

Disagree.

Aldo beat Max in the first 2 rounds of their first fight but he loss every round after that

Aldo did start off well but Holloway's cardio and pressure was too much for him

IMO Holloway overtook Aldo as the greatest FW last night

Aldo did start off well but Holloway's cardio and pressure was too much for him

IMO Holloway overtook Aldo as the greatest FW last night
Funny cuz Holloway himself disagrees with you.

Holloway takes fighters into deep water. Hawaiians can surf. Shit thread. It is what it is.

Aldo made max look slow and predictable in the first two rds of BOTH of their fights but unfortunately for Aldo he can’t stay sharp for 5 rds anymore and once he gassed his defensive skills disappear.

But man Aldo was lighting max up nicely in those two fights.

Yes he was, but Max was also doing a good job staying out of the way. Aldo is too good to miss everything but Max did a fairly good job with his footwork and head movement to minimise damage.

In watching both fights, I said very early on that Jose was being roped in. Unfortunately he was throwing with everything and that was simply not sustainable

Nah Max already passed him.
I’m getting better at accepting the new that come in nowadays.

Okay? Just because he doesn't think he is doesn't mean I don't think he is lmao what's your point
My point is I’ll take his opinion over yours any day.

Imo I also have days where think I can beat the shittt out of Yoel Romero but we know that ain’t true.

Holloway was clearly nervous being under the big spotlights in the first round of his first fight. He got off to an unusually slow start but obviously pulled ahead and fucked him up. 2nd fight was much better for Holloway; Aldo's speed is of course on another level than Holloway, but Aldo just ain't good enough.

Stupid rationale from the stupid posters here saying Holloway has already passed Aldo. That impressive win last night was Holloway's 2nd title defense. Jose has 9 title defenses.
He still has a long way to go. Seems to me you people are so caught up in the moment.

Aldo is one of the greatest of all time, but I really don't think he's as declined as some people say he is. I think his boxing has improved a lot technically and he's still very fast.

Stupid rationale from the stupid posters here saying Holloway has already passed Aldo. That impressive win last night was Holloway's 2nd title defense. Jose has 9 title defenses.
He still has a long way to go. Seems to me you people are so caught up in the moment.
Even though I dont personally think his passed Aldo we have to take into account quality over quantity.

Aldo is one of the greatest of all time, but I really don't think he's as declined as some people say he is. I think his boxing has improved a lot technically and he's still very fast.

Agreed. If Aldo threw more kicks and didn't brawl as much he might have had more success against Max.

Back