Should Max Holloway Move to 155 or Stay at 145 and Keep Defending?

What's Next For Max Holloway?

• Move up to 155

• Stay at 145 and Keep Defending

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dana made it clear both pre and post UFC 231 that he wants Max Holloway to move up to 155, Max seems reluctant to make the move. Do you think he should move up or stay at 145?

I think he should stay. There are still a quite a few compelling matchups for him at the weight class. You look at matchups like Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendes, Renato Moicano all as really good fights on paper. Holloway has been incredibly dominant but the fact is the guy only has 2 title defenses.

He made the weight comfortably and looked awesome out there. Legacy-wise, defending the title 2-3 more times makes sense for Holloway. Plus I doubt he's going to be willing to vacate his belt and lose those champion checks in a move up to 155 (although he should get an instant title shot if he does)

So what do you guys think? Should Max move up, or stay at 145? Bonus:

106_Max_Holloway_x_Brian_Ortega.jpg

max-holloway-759.jpg

It would be better if he moved up imo

I would definitely like to see him fight Ferguson.

Stay, despite those mishaps he made weight and had a spectacular performance.

It would be better if he moved up imo

I would definitely like to see him fight Ferguson.
If he does move up, the Ferguson fight is the one I want to see first.

Man, he made weight, classic Holloway performance, even better octagon interview, keem them 45'ers coming.
If he does move up, the Ferguson fight is the one I want to see first.
Good fight, i would prefer he fights for the belt tho, considering Tony isnt the champ, yet.

I picked stay and defend...lot of good up and coming fighters.

But for the sake of shattering this nuthugging delusion about "great fights" at 155 I'd be okay with him at LW for entertainment.

I think the fights at 155 are more interesting but if he defends a few more times he will have a claim for goat featherweight

Stay at FW and defend. The LW division is a cluster fuck at the moment and we finally have a champ in Holloway who is willing to fight the best and not cry for super fights. Keep defending the belt, the division is full of contenders.

There are fun fights in both divisions imho, doesn't really matter to me. If he wants to be considered as a true P4P great though then his sights should be set on LW or higher.

As long as there's no repeat of that previous weight cut / neuro issues, then he should probably try and defend a couple more times to cement his legacy at FW.

But man, does he EVER have some epic fights to be made at LW should he choose to move up. Khabib, Cucuy, Gaethje - ALL would be insane match-ups.

I think Dana wants him to move up because Max is a star now.
Lots of fellow stars at LW where they can make money.
There's only really old guys and prospects at FW. Max beats everyone on that roster IMO.

Stay at 145 and clean up the division but if the opportunity of a "super" fight with Khabib or perhaps a rematch with Conor present itself then move up and take it. But he shouldn't not move up to face journeymans or gatekeepers

That way if he lose he still keep his 145 belt and just goes back the FW and resume what he's been doing

155 only if immediate title shot. imho

I wish I could select both but I feel he will eventually have to move to 155 but he still have a lot to do at 145 like fighitng guys like: Edgar, Mendes, Zabit, Yair and a couple of more, let him defend the belt like 2 more times then automatic TS at LW

Max should fight where the money is at.

A Conor rematch would deliver.

I think the fights at 155 are more interesting but if he defends a few more times he will have a claim for goat featherweight
2-3 more defenses and he's right there. But as of now, that title still goes to Aldo. Aldo went undefeated for 10 years and defended the title 9 times. Another reason for Max to stay. He's got a legacy to cement and he can do that within a calendar year if he stays healthy.

Keep defending and make his legacy at FW indisputable. If he misses weight once he should bounce up though

if he can make 45 without health issues he should keep doing it.

unless he wants to make some cash. then go to 55.

there is no money fights at 45.

dana just trying to build kabobs resume further by having him fight these 45 ers

he will just get wrestlefucked at 55.

colin took him down for fuck sake

Back