Chris Weidman should move up

NekMinnit

The Reapers Era
@Green
Reaction score
Theres nothing left for him at MW but getting himself KO'd. He should move up to LHW or even HW. The guy is actually a lot bigger than i thought. Look at him compared to the Black Beast
Screenshot_20181122-233131-640x360.png
Screenshot_20181122-233139-640x360.png

People who have never cut weight and competed afterwards can't understand the toll it takes and how much it affects performance

Chris could do very well at LHW and he looked drained against Jacare imo

Weidman should win every now and then, imo

Yep, barring a last minute miracle ala Bisping, he is jot getting another shot at the MW tittle.

yes, since he has been dominating 185 in his recent fights, moving up is a no-brainer

In terms of competitiveness/depth, MW is miles ahead of current LHW, so a move up for Weidman does make a lot of sense.

I really think it would be a lot easier to get a TS at LHW than at MW. If a journeyman MW (Smith) got into title contention, there is no reason to think guys like Weidman and Rockhold could not have success there as well.

Agreed, it would do him good to make a change right now and not cutting that weight to get down to 185 would give him more energy that would carry over into his performances, plus 205 is wide open now outside of the top 3.

Look at Anthony Smith, got finished in his last fight at 185 and moved up and has put himself in a potential number one contenders spot in 3 fights.

There’s some fun fights for The Chris at 205

The Chris would get starched by the current top 3 in LHW. He doesn't have the chin, strength, speed, or KO power to pose a threat.

The best fighter he will easily beat is Shogun, who is still a dangerous opponent.

I think Chris will get mauled in 205.
If there is 195 division I would agree, but 205 he would be small.
Just imagine Gus vs Weidman @ 205. That would be a slaughter.

look at that pencil neck on weidman compared to black beasts.

even a pawing jab from junior albini would knock weidman out.

He should retire.

If he wants to end up like Chuck liddell, then yes he should move up.

Yeah. He can go there and get starched by all the top guys.. just as he did in MW (except Gastelum).

But I think it could rejuvenate his career if he can get 1 or 2 wins there.

I think Chris will get mauled in 205.
If there is 195 division I would agree, but 205 he would be small.
Just imagine Gus vs Weidman @ 205. That would be a slaughter.

Except for Gus and Jones, I think Weidman has a fair shot against any other top LHW. I'd definitely favor him over Smith and Volkan, for example.

Nah. Weidman is not very fast, and is not great at keeping cool and staying with his plan. His probably biggest advantage at MW is his size and strength.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back