Divisional GOATs—how would you rank them as most exciting? WW through HW

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welterweight through Heavyweight GOATs. We’ll leave Aldo and MM out of this even though they are clear cut at the moment.

GSP, Silva, Jones, Fedor,

Let’s rank them based on excitement during their title reigns/longest win streaks. So leave out accomplishments and wins/losses, just straight up excitement ranking. Here’s mine.

1. Silva
2. Jones
3. Fedor
4. GSP

What’s your list based on excitement during their title reigns?

Last edited:
1. Silva
2. Fedor
3. Aldo
4. Jones
5. DJ
6. GSP

Fedor always pushes for the finish, has never had a boring fight, and is the GOAT.

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. Jones
4. GSP

1. Silva
2. Jones

Don't care about the rest.

Fedor always pushes for the finish, has never had a boring fight, and is the GOAT.

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. Jones
4. GSP
I’ll be honest, I didn’t become a hardcore fan until 2010 that’s why I have Fedor at third. I never got to witness his greatness live but watching his old fights definitely lead me to believe it was something special to watch during his win streak.

Fedor
Jones
Anderson
GSP

Fedor is def the most exciting, not even close. Jones fights are usually really good and he does some crazy stuff. I'd rank Anderson higher because when he's putting on a good fight it's as good as it gets, but he has too many fights like Maia where he doesn't really care about fighting. GSP is just dull.

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. Jones
4. GSP

Same list for me, I could see people swapping Anderson and Jones around but I can't think of a boring Fedor fight and GSP had tons of them so their spots are solid on this entertainment GOAT list if everyone agrees on the top 4.

If we are talking about pure excitement I have Fedor as #1 followed by Silva #2, then JJ #3

I consider MM a bit boring but mainly because his opponents but he usually performs fantastic, GSP is boring most of the time unless somebody brings the dog out of him like Hendricks, Penn or Hugues

1. Silva
2. Wand
3. Fedor
4. Hughes
5. B.J.

1. Fedor - Every fight was exciting to me, no stinkers at all
2. Anderson - Craziest finishes in MMA but chose not to fight exciting sometimes
3. Jones - Extremely skilled, exciting fights but fights that weren't very competitive a lot of the time
4. GSP - I can count on one hand how many GSP fights I've found exciting and I'd still have fingers left over.

There was nobody more exciting than Fedor in his prime during the Pride Days....just juiced the gills destroying guys!!

Those were the days.....Fedor would beat the fuck out of guys and always seemed to move forward, always going balls to the walls.

His GNP was ridiculous

1. Fedor
2. Jones
3. Silva (Had a lot of boring fights i considered putting him behind GSP but he had some very exicting performances too during his title reign)
4. GSP (The most dominant out of all of them and the GOAT of MMA but not the most exicting fights since they were one sided beatdowns)

A non biased list i usally dont rank people who fail drug tests for PEDs as GOAT but i made an exception here

The GOAT has to be a HW.
That’s just how it is.

Back