Prime Rampage vs DC

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I kinda wonder how these two would've matched up. Peak Rampage was super underrated. Don't think he'd match up very well against jones even in his prime just because of the range and versatility of Jon's attack on the feet. An exclusively boxing based attack will never work very well against him.

The simple answer Is that DC would've wrestled him for 5 but It's an Intriguing style matchup. I tend to think Rampage would've done very well against DC.

This was the best and hungriest Rampage has ever been. I don't think he was ever this good again, even In the Hendo fight which was shortly after. Seems once he made it to the top and started making money, he was never really the same. Especially after the mental breakdown around the forrest fight.

Not having Ibarra and a proper team / camp around him definitely did him no favors either.

He struggled to wrestle Gus, so I highly doubt he'd do it to Rampage.

Rampage had great takedown defense in his prime. Massive power in both hands making him a legit danger to DC. Then again, DC has always been underrated up until recently so I'm carefully picking DC in this one.

This prime vs prime threads are incredibly stupid. You cannot compare a pioneer that was creating the sport with a current fighter who already knew how to train, which strategies are better. Its just nonsense.

Horrible match up for Rampage, easy win for DC. Think Chuck in his Prime would have a much better chance. Liddell had better take down defense and reach than Rampage.

Watch rampage vs rashad, that's how it would go. But with Dc finishing him.

Watch rampage vs rashad, that's how it would go. But with Dc finishing him.

I think you could argue Rampage was already on the way down by then, the Rampage of say 2003/04 would be a more interesting test.

I think you could argue Rampage was already on the way down by then, the Rampage of say 2003/04 would be a more interesting test.
You could but I personally think the best Rampage Jackson was the one against Henderson. He showed everything in the fight from sub attempt to leg kicks to knees, he even lasted the full 5rnds. I was suprised.

Last edited:
nah

peak rampage was his first few fights In the UFC.

Even he said he wasn't training properly back in the old pride days.

nah

peak rampage was his first few fights In the UFC.

Even he said he wasn't training properly back in the old pride days.

He was certainly better their than post Forrest I'd agree but equally I think he became a narrower fighter, basically focusing his game on trying to beat Chuck and Wanderlei who were his main rivals via counter punching.

The biggest threat I think Pride Rampage would have for DC is actually his knees, look at what he did to Randleman for example and it is an area Cormier has shown weaknesses to in the past.

I see page winnin remember rampage out grappled hendo..

Has insane tdd and way better hands but i do see dc clinching him holding on the fence trying to get q decision.. Its a hard one with dc but it woulda ben a great fight

Rampage by "Rampage Bomb" after DC clinches.

Cormier would still dominate most prime LHW's. The question is how good would he have been if he didn't start fighting when he was 30. I'd still favor Jones though if they started being the same age

This prime vs prime threads are incredibly stupid. You cannot compare a pioneer that was creating the sport with a current fighter who already knew how to train, which strategies are better. Its just nonsense.
Rampage was not a pioneer, realistically belongs to the modern era

Meanwhile, about them strategies, it all depends on Ruleset & Fight Configuration.

I kinda wonder how these two would've matched up. Peak Rampage was super underrated. Don't think he'd match up very well against jones even in his prime just because of the range and versatility of Jon's attack on the feet. An exclusively boxing based attack will never work very well against him.

The simple answer Is that DC would've wrestled him for 5 but It's an Intriguing style matchup. I tend to think Rampage would've done very well against DC.

This was the best and hungriest Rampage has ever been. I don't think he was ever this good again, even In the Hendo fight which was shortly after. Seems once he made it to the top and started making money, he was never really the same. Especially after the mental breakdown around the forrest fight.

Not having Ibarra and a proper team / camp around him definitely did him no favors either.

I say Jonny walker

DC for the easy win. Rampage is too one dimensional for any of today's fighters.

Back