Curtis Blaydes and Dan Hangman(to a lesser extent)

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fighting dangerous guys on losing streaks. Felt like Blaydes was getting a bad deal making 20k/20k against Hunto and Overeem making 750000-800000 and then he fights Ngannou who is on a 2 fight winstreak and on the brink.

Barboza after 2 beatdowns is still dangerous too. I think Dan Hangman ko's Kevin Lee inside 2 rounds

Barboza's freakin scary but Dan Hangman trains with Izzy Stylebender - the best striker in the entire sport.

I can see where you're coming from, but those are both great fights for those guys imo.

In Blaydes case he gets to avenge a loss over a top 5 guy, getting him closer to the title. Two birds one stone.

In Dan's case, he'll be fighting the #5 guy. As the #14 guy that's a huge opportunity to shoot up the rankings.

These men are high level fighters, I'm sure they don't allow that defeatist mentality into their heads.

Barboza's freakin scary but Dan Hangman trains with Izzy Stylebender - the best striker in the entire sport.
I think Hooker wins, too durable and a beast at 155. I just wish he got an opponent on a win streak.

I can see where you're coming from, but those are both great fights for those guys imo.

In Blaydes case he gets to avenge a loss over a top 5 guy, getting him closer to the title. Two birds one stone.

In Dan's case, he'll be fighting the #5 guy. As the #14 guy that's a huge opportunity to shoot up the rankings.

These men are high level fighters, I'm sure they don't allow that defeatist mentality into their heads.
I'd like to see Bladyes get a title shot or a fight with Stipe witha big win. I dont want Dan Hangman to get lost in the shuffle at 155, he walked through some brutal shots to ko Gilbert Burns

I'd like to see Bladyes get a title shot or a fight with Stipe witha big win. I dont want Dan Hangman to get lost in the shuffle at 155, he walked through some brutal shots to ko Gilbert Burns
I don't think Stipe is fighting again that soon, IMO he should wait to see if Lesnar actually makes to the fight. Anyway when DC retires, the belt will be vacated and then he's certainly going to be one of the guys fighting for it.

Yeah man Blaydes is getting screwed a little here with DC's retirement reign, but hey that's my boy, I got his back. He definitely deserves it after this win.

I agree that was a hard fought win for Dan, but it was a different style match up. Burns is a world class BJJ player, and Dan is developing his TDD. Plus he has a training partner who can imitate Barboza very, very well. I actually like that fight for Dan, a lot.

I feel like Blaydes is gunna lose this one too

Fighting dangerous guys on losing streaks. Felt like Blaydes was getting a bad deal making 20k/20k against Hunto and Overeem making 750000-800000 and then he fights Ngannou who is on a 2 fight winstreak and on the brink.

Barboza after 2 beatdowns is still dangerous too. I think Dan Hangman ko's Kevin Lee inside 2 rounds
Not many people know who the guy is and Overeem and Hunt are very well known. Ngannou is a good test if his soul is still in there. I didn't really remember their first fight. For some reason I remember Ngannou getting a crazy KO which made me believe Blaydes had a good shot in the rematch because he just got caught. After watching it again Francis pretty handily defended takedowns and finished him by doctor TKO. I think this is a good matchup to see if Ngannou is done and if Blaydes can get his only loss back, setting him up for a title shot.

I dunno why but i think blaydes gonna lose again.

After rewatching Blaydes vs. Ngannou I, I'm worried about Blaydes as well. It seems like it should be an easy matchup based on what Stipe did to Ngannou, but Ngannou was able to easily shut down Blaydes's grappling and alter the environment of the match with some heavy shots early. I'd like to see it going differently, but I think Ngannou will get his swagger back against an opponent that the is comfortable facingg.

After rewatching Blaydes vs. Ngannou I, I'm worried about Blaydes as well. It seems like it should be an easy matchup based on what Stipe did to Ngannou, but Ngannou was able to easily shut down Blaydes's grappling and alter the environment of the match with some heavy shots early. I'd like to see it going differently, but I think Ngannou will get his swagger back against an opponent that the is comfortable facingg.

Blaydes is a completely different fighter from their first fight. Typically in great fighters you will see vast improvements from year to year. Where as Nganou is going in the opposite direction.

This

People think just because Stipe outwrestled Ngannou that Blaydes will do the same thing despite Ngannou shutting it down the first time when he was also a lot more green than he is now. Combine that in with the fact that he knows exactly what it feels like to be wrestle fucked for 5 rounds, he knows that that's what Blaydes is going to try to do, and he's a much better than he was then (as is Blaydes). I also fully believe that Ngannou being given a match up against someone he's defeated already will restore his lost confidence and we see the old Ngannou (mental/confidence wise) when the cage door closes.

It's going to be a brutal night for Blaydes.

Yeah man Blaydes is getting screwed a little here with DC's retirement reign, but hey that's my boy, I got his back. He definitely deserves it after this win.

I agree that was a hard fought win for Dan, but it was a different style match up. Burns is a world class BJJ player, and Dan is developing his TDD. Plus he has a training partner who can imitate Barboza very, very well. I actually like that fight for Dan, a lot.
I get that Israel is a world class striker, but I don’t necessarily agree he can imitate Barboza that well. There is a clear difference in speed, style, and kicking technique.

Dan likes to trade at a distance which is Edsons thing. It’ll be interesting to see if he can adapt to pressuring him instead

Back