Fabricio Werdum vs. Gordon Ryan Headlining Eddie Bravo's Combat BJJ 4 Man Super-Bracket

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For those who don't know, this is Eddie Bravo's new BJJ tournament format that features open palm strikes. This card is being headlined by a 4 Man "super bracket" consisting of Werdum, Gordon Ryan, Vinny Magalhaes, and one other unnamed.

Cool to see Werdum in something like this given his USADA suspension with the UFC.

Eddie Bravo said he really wants to feature alot of MMA vs. BJJ style matches for this Combat BJJ cards he's putting together. A lot of interesting matchups you could put together. I'm interested.

Last edited:
NICE

Will watch this definitely. Gordon sub'd Barnett few weeks ago. This "fight" could go either way honestly

IN!! between this and quintet BJJ is actually becoming fun to watch.

Gordon is better than Werdum, but I think the strikes make teh size advantage more significant.

NICE

Will watch this definitely. Gordon sub'd Barnett few weeks ago. This "fight" could go either way honestly
This combat-BJJ idea was a great idea by Eddie Bravo. If he can make more fights like these, I'll definitely watch. He said on Rogan he's interesting in getting alot of MMA vs BJJ guys in there for these combat BJJ cards.

CriminalRightFlea-size_restricted.gif

I don't think the slaps will be enough for Werdum to not get dominated.

Whoaaa. That's a serious matchup right there.

Gordon is better than Werdum, but I think the strikes make teh size advantage more significant.
Idk about that. Gordon Ryan is a fucking truck and is definitely juiced to the gills. Werdum is older and size advantage or not I don't think it's crazy to think Gordon Ryan could have the strength advantage.

It depends how werdum’s jitz is now that he’s been training mma for so long and not focussing only on jiu jitsu. He beat vinny back in the day and Ryan didn’t have much for vinny not too long ago.

Im hoping that they eventually book Danis/Khabib during the suspension.

Rooting for Werdum

Edit: Got my magalhaes's mixed up

Last edited:
Idk about that. Gordon Ryan is a fucking truck and is definitely juiced to the gills. Werdum is older and size advantage or not I don't think it's crazy to think Gordon Ryan could have the strength advantage.
Ryan is stronger no doubt, would be surprised if Werdum doesn't get wrecked.

Ryan is stronger no doubt, would be surprised if Werdum doesn't get wrecked.
Gordon Ryan has talked about a transition to MMA for awhile now. This combat BJJ match would be a perfect gateway into that.

lol. Have to allow striking to try and get people to watch BJJ

Where's Maia n Souza

Jesus how big is Ryan these days?

Gordon Ryan has talked about a transition to MMA for awhile now. This combat BJJ match would be a perfect gateway into that.
Not so quickly

His plan is to win Gi worlds first then focus on MMA. He is not gonna debut for some years.

Back