Who ruined Weidman?

karateisundratd

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was a fan of Weidman and its sad to see him like this. I personally believe that his downfall has something to do with Herb Dean. He was getting beat up on the ground to a pulp for an entire round before the fight was stopped. There was no coming back from that, kind of same what happened to JDS. It is very hard to come back the same from a prolonged beating. DO you guys think Weidman would have been doing better if the Luke fight was stopped earlier?

Weidman is good but he was never great

The list would shorter if you had asked, who didn't ruin Weidman?

I was a fan of Weidman and its sad to see him like this. I personally believe that his downfall has something to do with Herb Dean. He was getting beat up on the ground to a pulp for an entire round before the fight was stopped. There was no coming back from that, kind of same what happened to JDS. It is very hard to come back the same from a prolonged beating. DO you guys think Weidman would have been doing better if the Luke fight was stopped earlier?

No, Weidman's been destroyed because he stopped fighting old past prime fighters. And even that doesn't work anymore(As Jacare just beautifully displayed). He was and is overrated.

Luke Rockhold but the post Flex made is a good answer too.

No, Weidman's been destroyed because he stopped fighting old past prime fighters. And even that doesn't work anymore(As Jacare just beautifully displayed). He was and is overrated.
You think that Jacare shot would have Koed him even before the Rockhold fight?

He was always overrated, and once he fought good fighters in their primes, he lost a lot.

He seemed to go downhill after USada and Iv ban

Anderson Silva.
Those wins made Weidman think he was better than he is.

His lucky wins over Silva ruined him. He thought he was great but wasn't.

Wasn't he saying he'd go up and take Jones too? SMDH

The list would shorter if you had asked, who didn't ruin Weidman?
Yeah, pretty much other than being a confirmed Anderson Silva killer Weidman is incapable of winning in the UFC. He can imagine he'll win. He can project that he'll win. He can get crushed when he doesn't win.

But he can't win in the UFC. He should go to Bellator.... he might have a chance there.

But might not.

For a guy that started mma late in life and succeeded mostly with his wrestling and some basic punching, he did very good. His streak from Maia to Belfort was impressive and included 4 (four!) MW titles.

He probably got a little burned out + increasing level of competition. He’s also 34 and pls stop mentioning Couture and Henderson when it comes to aging.

He had a great run and a longer reign than most give him credit for, he’s not a flash in the pan, he’s been around and winning for years before falling off

His lucky wins over Silva ruined him. He thought he was great but wasn't.

Wasn't he saying he'd go up and take Jones too? SMDH

LOL @ lucky.

Silva didn't win 10 seconds of either of those fights.

I don't think that Weidman has declined at all. He looked better than ever in the first round against Jacare, and he finished Gastelum. This is what happens when you run the gauntlet against incredibly tough opponents.

He could have also declined from all the injuries he had between fights. He has usually been out of action for long durations of time. Perhaps it was those injuries and nothing specific in the cage. Or he's as good as ever and is just fighting tougher opposition.

No one did.
He was never that good, and made a name off beating old Brazilians who were just getting off the juice.

Back