Should Overeem retire if Pavlovich finishes him?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I find it hard to watch Overeem (38 years, 6 months) for about 4-5 years now due to the possibility of his chin not holding up.

Should he retire if Pavlovich finishes him?

Yeah. Dude needs to just open up his own gym.

That would be 3 straight ko losses. After ngannou took his head off he pretty much removed himself from getting another title fight, ever. Him and Werdum especially after getting suspended are in that boat now.

A one hit wonder like Lewis getting title shot probably gives a lot of HWs hope

Dudes been brutalized too many times in the ring. I have no interest in seeing a longtime vet like Reem like this.

He’s got the presence, look, and personality to move on to better things. I’m sure he has a bright future ahead of MMA should he apply himself. If a can like Schaub could, I’m sure Reem would excell as an MMA personality.

<{titihmm}>

Need to get out from under USADA pronto.

Otherwise fight out his contract and retire.

I hope he goes to Rizin and get juiced so he can fight cro cop in a rematch and who knows maybe one more title run with Rizin

Overeem is a really underrated grappler. In 60 fights he has only been submitted one time and it was fabricio werdum. I think he could do well in some grappling competitions, for sure not any full contact fighting.

Even if he starches him faster than he did Duffee, he needs to retire.

It's impossible to tell with hw.. he probably should retire and would probably do well in other areas of life but he could also hold the belt in 3 years.. look at arlovski..

These current HW bookings are dumb. They should have booked Overeem vs Taivusa, JDS vs Blaydes, and fed this Pavlovich guy to Ngannou.

Back